Acebeam X45

ven

Flashaholic
Great find mr buff, nothing gets past you for sure!! I like it, however it looks like a tk75vnQ70 in ways yet maybe a little smaller. It looks an out n out flood light due to reflector design(shallow). The q70 reaches out yet floods too, best of both worlds. The Q70 does offer the option of run time kit flexibility to, come time/need.....i digress and go away from this nice little light!

I like it, acebeam tend to push pretty hard out of the box, vinhs driver may push it some more, maybe 16k. This could be your cuppa tea mr buff for a smaller form, xhp70 flood light. Although it does in acbeams line up, for most of us it offers not that much different from what is available. The tk75 host is a tough nut to crack imho............the more mass around the head allows for some usable crazy outputs. This x45 will get HOT super fast.............but i guess for some its not that important. Its form/output ratio and the ability to use for short bursts when needed.

A NW option or hi cri would be good!!!!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I check the Acebeam site > new products page frequently, Acebeam has put out some very nice configurations in the past few months or so.

Yes, TKvnQ70 is what I thought of when I saw it. This item will compete nicely with other four x XHP70 offerings.

ven

Flashaholic
Right in the middle mr buff:naughty:..............well in between the x7vn and Q70 that is .Does that mean you need an x7vn to:poke:

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
This light looks awesome, I wonder what the pricing will be. Seems like acebeams have pretty solid quality.

ven

Flashaholic
This light looks awesome, I wonder what the pricing will be. Seems like acebeams have pretty solid quality.

My experience has been nothing but good tbh, the build is pretty close to Fenix lights imo. They seem ahead of the game compared to other manufacturers, latest LED options and pushed hard out of the box. I would buy your side though just in case of any issue to save potential pain down the line.

I will say i emailed them a good while back when they had a carrier issue, it was not too easy on the communication side and took a couple of emails. 2-3wk's later i got a carrier and charger through the post FOC. So even dealing direct to China was not as bad as you would think. I would only imagine they would have got better over the last couple of years.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
If only the X45 had a magnetic control ring...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
My thoughts wander to one thing first: Beam profile to head diameter ratio.

No one can break the laws of physics; no manufacturer can have a better beam performance to head diameter ratio than the other manufacturer, given similar fuel supply.

What about beam profile? Are the multiple reflector wells smaller, but with less overlap? Or, are the multiple wells larger, but with more overlap? Same diameter, but longer head with deeper wells?

With a head diameter of a given size, will the beam profile be not too narrow, or not too floody, compared to other manufacturers similar offerings?

Will the leds be under driven, so the general public can't overheat the hardware, or will the product be aimed at experienced enthusiasts, providing the optional ability to release the power of the batteries very quickly?

Compared to lights of similar size, what aspects of the beam profile/performance are new, richer, bigger, does more?

Last edited:

Gigaslux

Newly Enlightened
$380 without battery pack. Not even control ring. Just a lot of flood light for the joy of Vihn who can push it to about 15-16K :cool:

Last edited:

druidmars

Enlightened
I just caught on this website (lightmalls) that the X45 is available, in stock, and adds what you guys have stated earlier (4*XHP70) and €197.31 as a price.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just caught on this website (lightmalls) that the X45 is available, in stock, and adds what you guys have stated earlier (4*XHP70) and €197.31 as a price.
Surprisingly so it is. The Acebeam site for this item is still extremely skeletal, just one pic and one mention of the lumens, none of the other information has begun to appear on the Acebeam site.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
HK Equipment has the X45 listed on their site for $209.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Wow, it's officially introduced at $209.90 That looks like a friendly price-point to me. Won't be banging on Acebeam for this offering. Unless it's total garbage which is doubtful. I bet this light will compete very well with TK75QVN. I did hear Vinh say that for XHP family, the wider and not necessarily deeper type reflectors play very nicely when it comes to throw. Examples being R50VN and X7VN. Those are both not very deep reflectors but somewhat wide and they both have that kicker as far as throw. The X45 likely has some additional mass over the TK75 host. If Acebeam engineering is awake then this would seem to be a no brainer. Those reflectors look pretty wide compared with X7VN and a bit deeper. This light is priced right and shaping up to be a must have imo.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Also, not saying it's a given, but well within the realm of possibility, that Vinh takes this one up to 20,000 lumens ANSI. I guess we'll see. Wasn't long ago the TN36UTVN hit 12,000 lumens and this light will probably have better thermal characteristics at 20,000 lumens and if I recall TN36UT introductory was $219.95, more than X45. OK I'll admit it, Acebeam has my head spinning a little with this X45 and possible X45VN.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Just pasting specs from Acebeam site. Says 5x XHP70. Is that a typo? They give the runtimes as turbo + stepdown which I find helpful. Turbo can go 3min before stepdown to 4,000 lumen.

1:5*Cree XHP70 P2 High Intensity LED with a lifespan of 50,000hours
2:Max Output 16500 lumens
Approximate runtimes in each mode:
Firefly : 3 lumens 310hours;
Low : 500 lumens 10hours;
Mid : 1500 lumens 3.5hours;
High: 4000lumens 1.4hours;
Turbo:8000lumens-4000lumens, 10minutes+1.2hours
Turbo Max:16500lumens-4000lumens, 3minutes+1.1hours
3:Working Voltage:12V-16.8V light on switch indicates low reserve
4:Max Runtime 3hours
5:Max beam 538 meters
6:peak beam intensity 85200cd
7:Impact resistant 1.2meters
8:Waterproofing :IPX8 standard to 2m
9:Size: 156.7mm (6.7") length, 88mm (3.5") head diameter, 50.5mm (1.98") tube diameter
10:Weight 535g (18.9oz)
11:Smooth reflector , highly polished unbreakable aluminum alloy multi-reflector
12:Digitally regulated output- maintains constant brightness
13:Side switch on the body
14:Mode steps down from Turbo-Max to Turbo if internal temperature exceeds 65oC (149oF)
15:Made of durable aircraft grade aluminium,
16:premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
17:ultra-clear tempered glass with AR coating, 98.3% transmittance, protected by a stainless steel crenelated bezel