One light in your quiver that elicits gasps and why...

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several real live actual gasp elicitors in my quiver, including the listed below, but not limited to:

Meteor M43vn XP-L dedome, because it occupies an actual gasp eliciting point on the size/power continuum.

TN36UTvn, because it occupies an actual gasp eliciting point on the size/power continuum.

TK75vnQ70, because it occupies an actual gasp eliciting point on the size/power continuum.

TN42vn, because of its killer, gasp eliciting throw.

Several notches above Gasp Plus, getting close to keeling over from shock, but not quite there yet: Acebeam X65vn: Because it throws tons of power out there very far.

Not yet in my quiver: Higher end HID, probably XeRay-LX70. Because it is the next notch above the X65, as far as I know. maybe it is Keeling Over From Shock material.

STO

Newly Enlightened
So far everyone I've shown my Lance of Ra prototype to has had that "not sure what they're looking at response", at 2.4Mcd the beam pattern is quite a thing.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PK's PR-1 pocket rocket gets a lot of "gee that's cute, look at the cute little rocket shape" and when I turn it on they step back in shock as if they just saw me fire an elephant gun.

Then the perverbeal "how much was it" results in hearing crickets chirping pretty often when I say $79.

So I guess it gets 2 gasps... or a gasp and a sigh. lol

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore Tip and Nitecore NU20 headlight. I like seeing people go from "Oh that's cute" to "wow, that's bright" in a second.

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly my Fenix UC02 probably gets the biggest reaction from people. When they first start tightening the head and the low mode of 10 lumens comes on they make a comment about it being a nice little light, then when I tell them to keep tightening and the 125 lumen high mode comes on they have a surprised reaction that such a little light can emit so many lumens.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spy Tri V gets some strange looks to non light folks. If the ask the price, well that gets plenty of WHY!!!!!! Oh and HOW!! lol