18650 good throw and spot

kenoken

Newly Enlightened
Currently using a 2x18650 cree chinese clone style headtorch, whilst it works ok id rather upgrade to a better product.

Like the power of 2x18650 and burn time as i want it mainly for working at night and the bulk of the pack isn't an issue.

I liked the look of the spike light v4 but see its out of stock, theres the LED lenser H14R.2 which i see is 4xAA so not my preferred but potential option, really want 1000lumen plus with 2 hours burn time thanks.

jprince

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore EC4S would work it has both good throw and spill. It pushes 2150lm on turbo and 1000lm on hi and has great run time on hi mode. Really good reviews on this light l have it and love the size and overall feel of this light. There is also the EC4GT that will give you great results at 1000lm. Can't go wrong with either one.

dirkomatic

Newly Enlightened
This is in the Headlamp subforum, so I'm assuming the OP is looking for headlamps...

I haven't found a "respectable" model of headlamp which takes 2 single 18650 batteries. Spike light looks nice, but as you say is unavailable until at least May. There are a few which take 18650 battery packs which have to be put together.

Some of the single 18650 lights approach a 2 hour run time at 1000+ lumens. XTar Warboy H3 ramps up and down slowly on turbo to cool down and lasts 3+ hours that way.

Nitecore HC30 lasts 1.5 hours at 1000 lumens.

There are others, too, but 2 hours at 1000 lumens is a long time.

hahoo

Enlightened
Nitecore EC4S would work it has both good throw and spill. It pushes 2150lm on turbo and 1000lm on hi and has great run time on hi mode. Really good reviews on this light l have it and love the size and overall feel of this light. There is also the EC4GT that will give you great results at 1000lm. Can't go wrong with either one.

those 2 you mentioned would be bit heavy to strap on your forehead, dont ya think.....:rolleyes:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately there are no(what I know) throwy headlamps at the market. It is like headlamps are dedicated to floody beams.
But I have Fenix HP30 and it actually has decent throw. It puts out 500lm for 4+hours with 2x high capacity 18650s.

Last edited:

RafaelMum

Newly Enlightened
thanks singh and morne for the EA Ill try mornes EA on my demo spot account with EU and GU