im looking for a very bright red led light

gavo

Newly Enlightened
looking for very bright red led light could be 150 or 300 watts should be solid red wavelength and 5000 lumens at least I would like 20000 lumens or 40000 lemens.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any specific help to offer, but what are you planning to use it for? Maybe that can help you figure out what sort of supplier might have something to offer.

By the way, you posted this in one of the flashlight sub-forums, but you're definitely asking for something beyond a conventional flashlight. A really high power flashlight like the Olight X7 probably peaks around 75 Watts. A more typical flashlight powered by a single 18650 will draw more like 10 W in high.

Also, 20,000 lumens in a red light will consume much more than 300 Watts, because of the luminosity function. This isn't something I've looked into in much detail, but I'm not sure you can get much better than 20-30 lumens/W for red LED's.

gavo

Newly Enlightened
I found a 100 watt led chip that says it does 6500 lumens. Do you think it could be a lie?

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know, but it's not out of the question.

I looked around for another point of comparison, and remembered Zebralight, a trustworthy brand, sells a couple of red headlamps that they give detailed specs for. In it's most efficient mode, the performance they indicate for their H502r works out to 59 lumens/Watt.

The chip you found is claiming 65 lumens per Watt, without any losses for a driver, or optics. Being close to the level of efficiency Zebralight claims, that seems potentially credible.