*new* Olight H2R Pro headlamp

kj2

Flashaholic
Video in German.

Shown is the new H2R Pro headlamp. (Expected) around 2500 lumens.
New holder system to attach the light on the headband. A magnet holds the light, and an extra rubber band for extra security.

https://youtu.be/e3RUJFSINoY?t=4m25s

zilwl3.png

Last edited:

proceed5

Enlightened
Thumbs up to Olight, this is the Headlamp i am waiting for.
That magnetic holder with the rubberband (bicycle headlamp style attachment) is nice and easy to use/
Hope Olight offers it in Neutral White. Well done Olight :thumbsup:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet! Loving that easy release magnetic head lamp clip. Two thumbs up Olight. And yes..... Please neutral white.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Much potential for this to be a great offering! 4000K-4500K NW please.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like an interesting offering but, there is no way it will be 2500 ANSI lumens unless it is only for 15 seconds and comes with a liquid cooling system lol. The 1500 lumen XHP35 and XHP50 Armytek models already hit 60+C in around a minute. Zebralight's even lower powered XHP offerings only hold high for about a minute due to heat as well.

Hopefully the H1R Pro has more modes including a REAL moonlight mode, real time thermal regulation instead of a timed stepdown, comes in NW, does not have PWM on the low modes, is not too heavy, and has a properly designed charging system. Using normal cells(flat top or button) for the charging system instead of a proprietary cell like the H1R would make it more appealing as well.

I really hope they improved some of the shortcomings the H1R had with this model because the H1R was a huge disappointment imo but, had such potential.

Last edited:

Shaysrebellion

Newly Enlightened
And NO BLASTED PARASITIC DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also could someone besides SF put an IV twister knob to adjust lumens??????

Looks like an interesting offering but, there is no way it will be 2500 ANSI lumens unless it is only for 15 seconds and comes with a liquid cooling system lol. The 1500 lumen XHP35 and XHP50 Armytek models already hit 60+C in around a minute. Zebralight's even lower powered XHP offerings only hold high for about a minute due to heat as well.

Hopefully the H1R Pro has more modes including a REAL moonlight mode, real time thermal regulation instead of a timed stepdown, comes in NW, does not have PWM on the low modes, is not too heavy, and has a properly designed charging system. Using normal cells(flat top or button) for the charging system instead of a proprietary cell like the H1R would make it more appealing as well.

I really hope they improved some of the shortcomings the H1R had with this model because the H1R was a huge disappointment imo but, had such potential.

marsalla

Newly Enlightened
And NO BLASTED PARASITIC DRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also could someone besides SF put an IV twister knob to adjust lumens??????

I agree with all the comments. I dont see this lite being able to crank out 2500 lumens (why would you want that in a head lam). want real moon light and diffused beam for hiking and running. Also neutral white

Thanks

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be happy if this light does nothing more than offer longer runtimes over the H1. I got an H1 with the recharge conversion kit last week and have been EDCing it everyday since then. I think the moonlight mode is just right, the NW tint is good, and I love the all flood beam. Only think I would like more is longer runtimes.

hahoo

Enlightened

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this light comes in NW I will %100 purchase it. Love the out of the box thinking with the magnetic headband. Nice work Olight.

Miika

Newly Enlightened
Where are they going?

It has been interesting to follow the way Olight is going with their new products. In the past you could rely on the lumens said in the package, they would be the real lumens in action. Now it seems that they have completely given up this policy. The given lumens hold true only for a minute or two in their all latest models. I am a little bit sad personally, that they went along to this Chinese brand's trend to have hight peak of marketing lumens...

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Where are they going?

I think the 2500 lumen rating might be an error or typo.

The German Facebook Olight page shows the M3R rifle light with 3 emitters and pressure switch is rated at 2500 lumens. Since the H2R is shown just before the M3R, I wonder if the 2500 lumen rating was meant for the M3R but not the H2R. I would think the H2R would be just a few hundred lumens more than the H1R since the battery size is probably going to be the only difference between the two models (H1R/CR123 and H2R/18650). The H2R also looks too slim and tiny to have enough heatsinking to absorb all the heat and this doesn't seem like what Olight would make in the first place. Also, they made their 2500 lumen R50 model a much bigger light.

On the other hand, its not likely that the Olight Facebook page and the company rep on the video are both wrong on the 2500 lumen number either.

Maybe its just one big mixup somehow, lol.

Last edited:

Batou00159

Enlightened

It has been interesting to follow the way Olight is going with their new products. In the past you could rely on the lumens said in the package, they would be the real lumens in action. Now it seems that they have completely given up this policy. The given lumens hold true only for a minute or two in their all latest models. I am a little bit sad personally, that they went along to this Chinese brand's trend to have hight peak of marketing lumens...

Well said i find this anoying ,it probably relying on slippage for those not in the know to buy:welcome:

On that note my h1 has been working well and i generally love the style they are heading.

Last edited:

TCY

Enlightened

Everyone loves a nuclear-powered, nitrogen-cooled, palm-sized headlamp, but under current technologies 2000+ lumens on one's head for a realistic amount of time is just a dream. Regardless, I hope Olight makes a killer 18650 headlamp so Armytek can have a competitor in this category.

markr6

Flashaholic

Sweet! A black Zebralight...or...