Quality

Boko

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if many other fans of incandescent torches also have a penchant for the finer things in life? I'm thinking about vinyl records rather than digital, steel-framed bicycles, not carbon fibre, straight razors instead of multi-blade cartridges, split cane fishing rods over graphite, books not Kindle. Barefoot not shod. As with incandescent lights, it's not necessarily the end result, it's about the process and the indefinable quality of using things that seem to be more in tune with nature. Any thoughts?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Quality of life begins with inner peace. There is something peaceful about light begin emitted from the ole Edison bulb.
Good post Boko.

When I'm out meandering away from all the city pollutions... noise, free lumens, cars zooming by... communing with nature...
The incan light is my go-to. But these days I do opt for a nice pair of flip flops instead of going barefoot. No more stubbed toes on roots n rocks thank ye.

The vinyl only comes out at Christmas, and my steel frame bicycle (complete with steel rims and a coaster brake) comes out in early spring. I'm more of an alluminum frame guy than all those wiz-bang exotics.

Split cane pole. Is there any other kind? What is this graphite you speak of? lol.
In my younger days I'd carry a plethora of fishing rods, fake tackle guarenteed to land the big one, a radio, beer and a bunch of other stuff. Yet never caught fish... but more importantly never relaxed and just soaked in the sounds n smells.

Never have gotten into the Kindle thing but do usually PDF instruction manuals. I do prefer to use paperback as a go by if that is the practical approach. And curling up with a good book on a rainy winter day lit by an incan table lamp... well it brings back good memories of life at a simpler time.
I have a sister who lives at the ocean, has a bunch of screened in porches, has all summer off every year yet walks around with a frown. She's mad about pollution, mad about rude tourists, mad about the government... just mad, mad, mad about something all the time. Whenever she says "get away from the city and live here" I reply "why, so I can end up jaded? No thanks".

Last edited: