Looking for new head lights

Dryfork Farms

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what bulbs (I don't really wish to change my light bracket just the bulbs) you all would suggest for high and low beams? I drive an 2006 gmc 1500 and have stock light in now. I'm more interested in the most lux in my high beams and lumens in my low beams. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Your request for "most lux in high beam and lumens in low beam" doesn't make sense...what is it that you are hoping to accomplish? And which kind of GMC 1500 is this, is it a Sierra 1500 (truck) or Savanna 1500 (van)? If it's a van, does it have the composite lights with plastic lenses, or does it have the rectangular sealed beams?

If you've got the plastic lamps, they're 11 years old, it's quite likely you do need to replace the headlamp assemblies (I think this is what you mean by "light brackets"). Are the lenses clouded/hazed/yellowed at all, or are they clear like a brand-new window?

Dryfork Farms

Newly Enlightened
It's a sierra truck. I'm wanting to see farther ahead of me with my high beams because I live in the country and want to see animals as soon as I can. And was just wanting brighter lights for my low beams. More interested in the high beams. Lenses are slightly cloudy but not bad imo. And ya plastic lamps.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Lenses are slightly cloudy

By the time you can see the cloud, it's already bad enough to be taking a giant bite out of your ability to see. You can't compensate for it with brighter bulbs. At the very least you will have to try cleaning the lenses and re-coating them as described here, but understand that the clouding (even minor clouding) indicates the headlamps are done. Finished. Over. Toast. Polishing, even with re-coating, can only postpone your need to replace the lamps. And the new lamps have to be genuine GM replacement parts, because all of the aftermarket/other-brand items are junk. And since you have to replace the headlamps anyhow, you might as well upgrade them with the premium Denali units (this one and this one). They fit directly in place of the basic lights and give much better seeing on low and high beam, especially if you upgrade all four beams with this bulb (yes, the low and high beams on the Denali lamp take the same bulb)

If you're keeping the basic lights, the best high beam bulb is this one, you'll have to trim the base like this. For low beam the best is this one. Make sure the lights are aimed correctly, whichever type they are.

Do not put in an "HID kit" or an "LED bulb" -- they are unsafe and illegal.