Recommend a nice looking, relatively simple 1xaa light

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
Want to buy a light for my girlfriend to keep with her. Want a single aa so she doesn't have to look far for a replacement battery, with a simple interface. A 2 or 3 mode with a clicky would probably be the best. Has to be sturdy and reliable. Doesn't have to be pink or anything like that but preferably a nice aluminum or titanium body without any aggressive knurling or big chunky clips. Looking to spend 25-50$. I was thinking maybe something like the fenix e99 ti but the twisty interface is kind of a deal breaker.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know you said AA, but it seems your main concern is not looking far for a replacement battery. With that in mind, why not consider the Lumintop Tool series? It meets most of your criteria, especially if you got the Titanium or copper one.

fyrstormer

Banned
Thrunite T10T. Three modes, multi-click interface, last-mode memory, 1xAA battery, no knurling, "polite" pocket clip.

IMG_7182__62200.1420714999.1280.1280.JPG

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
T10T is exactly the light I thought of, too, except it seems to be a bit scarce lately. I was thinking about getting my wife one. There's also the regular T10 in black with a stainless head.

Some of the 1xAAA options are good, too, like the aforementioned Lumintop Tool, or the Thrunite Ti5 and Ti5T.

MX421

Enlightened
Zebralight SC52 is about 20% above your price range, but i really like mine. Otherwise a Eagletac D25A might be a good choice. Wife ruined her Fenix E12 with alkaleaks, but it was pretty briht as well. I have been dabbling with the AAA lights, the above mentioned Lumintop Tool is a very good light.

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
Well, I ended up going with a thrunite ti4t. Price was quite good on Amazon, and it looks beautiful, like a very nice pen. Figured she'd have an easier time finding the long 2xaaa body on her bag. Quite bright and very nice construction on the light. Relatively simple interface, h-m-l and have to cycle through twice to get strobe (hidden away where it belongs of you ask me) Tempted to buy another for myself.

Mattj96

Newly Enlightened
The zl is a great light I just got my first one (sc5fw) and I love it. Will definitely be buying more in the future. The interface is a little complex however. Personally, I like it, but I'm the type of person to tweak every single setting on my wireless router. so it's not for everyone.
Zebralight SC52 is about 20% above your price range, but i really like mine. Otherwise a Eagletac D25A might be a good choice. Wife ruined her Fenix E12 with alkaleaks, but it was pretty briht as well. I have been dabbling with the AAA lights, the above mentioned Lumintop Tool is a very good light.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
That seems like a good choice. The Ti4T and Ti5T are really sharp looking, and I think the Ti4T's mode spacing in particular will be better appreciated by most casual users.

MX421

Enlightened
There are a few 2xAAA lights out there worth considering. 4seven has the Preon 2 and Lumintop has one you can get a Nichia in. Both are great lights.

BloodLust

Enlightened
The Fenix E12 as suggested above. I originally got it for my wife but she liked the size of my Fenix LD02 better (Also a good clicky light if you're considering AAA as well. Good runtime and mode spaces.)
The E12 now resides in my airline carry-on bag.