Looking for a Simple 2 mode 18650 /rechargeable edc

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone. I've been out of the game for a while and need a reliable hi/ low mode flashlight, something like 500/100 lumens.

Everything Ive seen has 20 modes, triple clicks, double long clicks to access hidden modes etc.

I just want a simple no nonsense reliable light that comes in at around £50. The Surefire range would be ideal but a little more than I can stretch to at the moment

Thanks guys

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi everyone. I've been out of the game for a while and need a reliable hi/ low mode flashlight, something like 500/100 lumens.

Everything Ive seen has 20 modes, triple clicks, double long clicks to access hidden modes etc.

I just want a simple no nonsense reliable light that comes in at around £50. The Surefire range would be ideal but a little more than I can stretch to at the moment

Thanks guys

Is three modes too much? Reverse clicky Convoy S2+ can be had in different tints and driver outputs and are in that 1" by 5.5" range. If you go with FastTech, or GearBest, you can get them for $13-$15US, shipped. They only run on 18650s, however, and not CR123As.

Basic lights: 5%, 40% and 100%. A second, hidden group, is the previous plus disco and SOS and they have memory, so whatever floats your boat at 'turn on' is your oyster.

Chris

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice guys, although I'm really leaning towards one of the more reputable brands, Olight, Jetbeam , Fenix etc... If i need to stretch a little over £50 then so be it.

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
From a bit of research I'm leaning towards either the Jetbeam C8 or Olight R20. If anyone has experience with either of these I'd appreciate your feedback

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the advice guys, although I'm really leaning towards one of the more reputable brands, Olight, Jetbeam , Fenix etc... If i need to stretch a little over £50 then so be it.

Yeah...you might want to Google 'Convoy,' as they have a pretty stellar reputation for being great budget lights.

Hey...I just got an Olight S Mini, so I like the bigger names, as well (as you can see in my sig. line,) but I have 6 Convoy lights and all of them are inexpensive, work well and are pretty straight forward to operate.

They're not rechargeable and they can't run on CR123As, but that's fine for me.

Good luck, Chris

Dan2503

Newly Enlightened
Yeah...you might want to Google 'Convoy,' as they have a pretty stellar reputation for being great budget lights.

Hey...I just got an Olight S Mini, so I like the bigger names, as well (as you can see in my sig. line,) but I have 6 Convoy lights and all of them are inexpensive, work well and are pretty straight forward to operate.

They're not rechargeable and they can't run on CR123As, but that's fine for me.

Good luck, Chris

Thanks Chris,

They've certainly got great reviews and look to have a fairly simple UI. I could kick myself as I saw the suggestion a little too late and ordered the Olight R20 Javelot. I did manage to get it at a steal though!!