Install reply harness for 9006 lowbeam question

nomads

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I want to upgrade my dim 2012 accord se 9006 low beam. I would like to add reply harness to avoid the voltage drop according to Daniel stern lighting (http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html) My question is is this Putco 9006/9012 HEAVY DUTY HARNESS & RELAY the right one to purchase and install?

If yes, I will buy this together with Volsa 9012+30 bulb.

Many Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Welcome to the board. A relay harness: No, you should not buy a Putco harness (low quality, poor reliability). If you're going to put in relays, put in good quality parts. But before you try putting in a harness, which can have undesirable effects on your '12 Honda, just swap the 9012+30 bulbs into your low beams. The stock wiring is equally as adequate for them as for the 9006s, and you'll have almost 90% more light throughout the low beam without creating any new issues. Make sure the lamps are aimed correctly with an optical headlamp aiming machine.

nomads

Newly Enlightened
Many thanks for your kind reply. I do not need to worry about the relay then, I will go for the 9012+30!

Welcome to the board. A relay harness: No, you should not buy a Putco harness (low quality, poor reliability). If you're going to put in relays, put in good quality parts. But before you try putting in a harness, which can have undesirable effects on your '12 Honda, just swap the 9012+30 bulbs into your low beams. The stock wiring is equally as adequate for them as for the 9006s, and you'll have almost 90% more light throughout the low beam without creating any new issues. Make sure the lamps are aimed correctly with an optical headlamp aiming machine.