SureFire Headquarter Tour

slick228

Newly Enlightened
Hello Fellow Forumites,

Since I live approximately 30 miles away from SureFire's headquarter, is it possible to tour their facility? I would love to see their manufacturing plant and shake Paul Kim's hand. It would be nicer if I can see some of their prototypes and chat with some of the crew. Do they have a tour program?

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
Have you tried calling them? They might be willing if you mention how interested you are. Even more so if you tell them your kids (or your parents) are really interested in Surefire. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
I haven't heard of an official tour program, but I do know they to be some pretty nice folks. Give 'em a ring.... though you'll want to wait until after the SHOT show since there might not be anybody home right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome to the board, Slick!

pk

Photon King
slick228,
I always love to meet another flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Please give me a call, 800-828-8809, ext.138
pk

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Did ya hear the one about the Xerox employee who invited Steve Jobs over for a 'factory tour?'

http://www.pbs.org/nerds/part3.html
Steve Jobs --
"'And they showed me really three things. But I was so blinded by the first one I didn't even really see the other two. One of the things they showed me was object orienting programming they showed me that but I didn't even see that. The other one they showed me was a networked computer system...they had over a hundred Alto computers all networked using email etc., etc., I didn't even see that. I was so blinded by the first thing they showed me which was the graphical user interface. I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen in my life. Now remember it was very flawed, what we saw was incomplete, they'd done a bunch of things wrong. But we didn't know that at the time but still though they had the germ of the idea was there and they'd done it very well and within you know ten minutes it was obvious to me that all computers would work like this some day.'

It was a turning-point. Jobs decided that this was the way forward for Apple."

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Hey PK... fwiw -- Kudos to a customer service rep named "David." He helped me out last week, covered a bulb issue I had, and he's is looking up some part numbers for me (and trying to find me a certian t-shirt)... pleasant person to deal with and a smooth transaction.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh...PK, think of the odd, "heavy breathing" calls you're going to get... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

--dan

Latest posts