Miboxer        

Thread: Charger for AA and AAA Format

Default Charger for AA and AAA Format

I'm looking for recommendations on a single charger, that will handle all forms and formats of the AA and AAA cell.

I had a LaCrosse years ago, but i don't recall it handling 10440 and 14500 cells.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Default Re: Charger for AA and AAA Format

Opus C3100 one of the best for the price.

John.
    SkyRC MC3000 - Maha C9000 - LaCrosse BC-900 - Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 - Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6
    LiitoKala Lii-100 - Cozypony 24W Solar Panel - Soshine H4 - Soshine T2 - Soshine E4S

Quote Originally Posted by TinderBox (UK) View Post
    Opus C3100 one of the best for the price.

John.
    Thx. It appears there's a C3400 version available as well. Are you aware of any differences between the two?
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

My first charger was a Nitecore i4, which would be capable of charging everything except LiFePO4 and 3.8v cells. In addition, I believe the charging amperage with multiple cells was low enough to do a good job of charging 10440 and 14500 cells. I moved up to an Xtar VC4 because most of my charging is with 18650 cells, and it has a higher charging current available. I use an Xtar VP2 to charge my 10440 and 14500 cells due to the switchable lower charging current available, but it doesn't do NiMH.
    You don't NEED a parachute to skydive. You DO need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by this_is_nascar View Post
    Thx. It appears there's a C3400 version available as well. Are you aware of any differences between the two?
    I bought the BT-3400 v. 2.2 sold by 'rdana' on Ebay and on Amazon under DC Workshop. He's out of Sacramento, CA.

The difference between the 3100 and 3400 was an upgraded fan, IIRC and a toggle on/off for the display for the 3400. Otherwise, they're the same.

The newer 3400 v. 3.1 now discharges li-ions down to only 3.10v, instead of the 2.80v for the v. 2.2. Some don't like discharging down that far and some like it because they get a little more go-go juice out of the cell when discharging it.

The Big 5: Sony, Panasonic-Sanyo, LG and Samsung like to go down to either 2.50v, or 2.75v in their testing protocols.

Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

Thanks for the great info. I appreciate it.