Angryfox        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Check out the new Maratac Nichia AAA Copper!

Default Re: Check out the new Maratac Nichia AAA Copper!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
    Medium mode.... lumen output?
    On my home-brew meter, My Maratac AAA w Nichia reads 24/3/91 Lumens, MLH

Medium:

Low:

High:

I'm wondering if SelfBuilt will review this light? I'm really curious to find out what the runtime is on Medium mode....
    I measured the current draw of this light as well as the Lumintop Worm, and Lumintop Copper Tool. I found that all three light drew close to the same current on high, but the Maratac draws about 8% more than the worm on Medium. I would expect about 8% shorter run time.

I recall running a test on the Maratac also and found the data:
    On medium mode I found the Maratac to start dimming around 3 hours 40 minutes, while the Worm starts dimming right at 4 hours. Looks closer to 9% shorter.

91 lumens for 40 minutes is much more in line with what I expected. Thanks for the graph.

If anybody has one of these things, an Android device and a desire to make graphs without having to take manual readings every few minutes, there's an app for that.

Thank you both for the replies...

sbslider, which type of battery was utilized for the runtime... Eneloop Pro?
    Maratac AAA Rev 3, AAA Cu Rev 4 ][ Lumintop Tool Ti, Worm SS, IYP365 ][ L3 Illumination L11C ][ Fenix E05, LD12 ][ Olight S2, i3E EOS

Thank you both for the replies...

sbslider, which type of battery was utilized for the runtime... Eneloop Pro?
    you're welcome

standard eneloops. I have the white ones and some green ones that I found in the recycled battery pile . . . They seem to work just as well as the white ones I purchased. I don't recall which ones I used for my test, but I do recall I did it twice and go the same result twice. The test I ran twice was to run the worm and Maratac both powered by eneloops (mixture if whites and greens) on medium until I could observe with my eyes a dimming of light. I don't have a meter, but I will likely investigate the app mentioned above for future tests. ..

Yes, awesome info, thanks for sharing!

Maratac w Nichia on Left, Fenix E01 on right.

Your fingers make the EO1 beam look purple : )

The tint of the E01 is blueish.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678