New light for Firefighting Helmet

TLI

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a single 18650 light that is 4 to 4 1/2 inches long. Need to have good throw to help cut through smoke.

Thanks

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Zebralight SC600 MK III HI. This light is amazing and given the side switch it would be easy to turn on with gloves. I have one and the beam is perfect the HI emitter will produce a tight spot but also a good spill.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Now that I think about it you might want something bomb proof. Try malkoff devices or elzetta. These are rather expensive lights but are really tough.

TLI

Newly Enlightened
Bombproof is not really a big deal. Tough and waterproof is a must though. Thanks for the suggestion.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
question:
is there really any part on personal decision?
--> firefighter, miners, ..., that all is something quite different from us armchair heroes and I wonder if anyone could bring whatever part of equipment they "like" individually.
:thinking:

PS: as for Your cutting through fog part:
cut Yourself a small round label from (black?) adhesive tape and put it onto the middle of the front glass.
The idea is to get rid of the spill light coming directly from the light source and have the directed light from the reflector remaining only
... does not need to be "big", fingernail sized max., something like

disadvantage: at any other use - than cutting through smoke - this spill part is of substantial help