Charger display of V and/or mAh instead of % -- what's the deal?

moon unit

Newly Enlightened
I am a newbie here and despite my looking all over, I still haven't found any real answer to this. All I have so far are 18650 and 26650 batteries (protected versions). My Xtar SV2 may well be the best device for such a dummy. It's really easy to use and I think it's impossible to do anything wrong with it. But still, other chargers like a VP2, a VC2 Plus Master, or a Lii-202 with their different offers on the display seem to be more talked about. What am I missing if I have to stick to % readouts? As a backup and/or a competitor to my SV2, which of the above chargers would you recommend?

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a newbie here and despite my looking all over, I still haven't found any real answer to this. All I have so far are 18650 and 26650 batteries (protected versions). My Xtar SV2 may well be the best device for such a dummy. It's really easy to use and I think it's impossible to do anything wrong with it. But still, other chargers like a VP2, a VC2 Plus Master, or a Lii-202 with their different offers on the display seem to be more talked about. What am I missing if I have to stick to % readouts? As a backup and/or a competitor to my SV2, which of the above chargers would you recommend?

Analyzing chargers, like the top of the heap SkyRC MC3000, the Liitokala Lii Engineer 500, the newish Xtar Dragon Slayer and/or the now venerable Opus BT-3100 and its twin: (almost...different brother from the same mother) the BT-3400, for US sales.

All of them are multi-chemistry chargers that tell us certain, helpful things about our batteries and cells, above and beyond just telling us the voltage (usually only in the charging mode) and/%, or even capacity put in (removing capacity/discharging is preferable.)

Chris