I recently bought a budget light off of Amazon called the "OxyLED MD50". The package included a battery and charger for a price that was "too good". I'm already replacing the charger with a LiitoKala Lii - 202. However, my remaining concern is the battery. Given the price I have to assume it was probably a laptop pull or something. Is it dangerous to use it or is it just that cheap cells will probably just have poor capacity?
The Amazon listing claims that the batteries are protected but at least one reviewer said that he was able to discharge the battery down to 2.6V. Of course, it might terminate at 2.5V. I highly doubt that the flashlight itself has any form of over-discharge protection.