Reccomend USB EDC

danbuff

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
Long time lurker here!
Really enjoy the forums, and incredible insightful posts.

I am trying to decide on a best fit LED EDC, around the shop/house light.

I am leaning towards a 1000 Lumen, USB rechargeable.
SO many choices.

I am considering Fenix UC35.

Main use would be in my workshop, around the house.
Would likely be stored in outside shop with potential freezing temps.
Not interested in tactical features at this point.

I have done a lot of searching... In paralysis analysis mode now.

Thanks for your inputs!
Dan

Barrington

Newly Enlightened
Well the Olight S1R baton might meet your needs. I don't have it yet - but it will be the next torch (flashlight) I buy. Or possibly the S2R if you need the extra battery life. The magnetic base may be particularly handy in the workshop.

benjimon

Newly Enlightened
I have a UC35 which comes with me in my bag everyday. I believe the Thrunite TN12 is a better recommended light.

The UC35 is fantastic but kind of wish i researched more. It doesn't tail stand and the lowest mode is pretty bright still. Other than that it's great, feel free to ask away.

What I like is the build, the mode spacing, the tint, the button, waterproof even with the cover missing.

Last edited:

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
+1 for the Thrunite TN12.

I have the ThruNite TN12 (2016) XP-L v6 in neutral white and really like it. It's came in handy many of times in the short time I've owned it and I don't go anywhere without it.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my Mecarmy PT16 & PT18 a lot.
Just seeing that Triple looking back at me makes me smile and the floody beam is really handy for me for sure.
The only downside to me is that the Bezel is too sharp and seems to wear through the pants pocket like crazy.