• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: *Sold* TNC Micro-Lux Dragon

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to sell this one, but I bought something else, so it has to go. It's a Stainless TNC Micro lux Dragon. It comes with a titanium pocket clip and two Efest 10440 IMR batteries.
It has a cool tint XPL HI and is amazingly bright at 1,000 lumens on high! I paid over $300 for this setup new, a month ago. Not carried much, only light handling scratches. Asking $270, ​*Sold*with US shipping included. First "I'll take it" followed by PayPal, gets it!

Attachments

• IMG_8239.jpg
    IMG_8239.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8236.jpg
    IMG_8236.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_8237.jpg
    IMG_8237.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Cobraman502

Enlightened
Re: WTS: TNC Micro-Lux Dragon

Ah in that case that is a great deal. Anyway thanks for posting never heard of this brand before. How was the light?

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Great light. For anyone considering this light, it feels really good in the hand and the 1000 lumens is amazing. I have a 50 x 70 foot basement room and it lights up the whole room. There is no AAA/10440 size light like it. I bought my first IMR 10440 batteries just for this light. I have the mokume gane version which is gorgeous and luv it. GLWYS.

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very cool light! Might have to check this one out for myself!

Whats the tint like on this?

Just a reminder, price discussions of OPs asking price in the thread are generally frowned upon and best discussed via PM.

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

The tint is not overly blue, but it's fairly cool. I would guess somewhere around 5500k-6000k.

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Price drop! If you want a warmer tint, Chris can swap it out for a 4000k XPL HI for $10-$20.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

UGH! So tempting! I love my AAA's and this is def one of the more impressive ones I've seen. Is this a direct drive on turbo? With the wider head than body, how does it carry it pocket?

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

I believe it is direct drive on high, but I'd have to confirm that. Either way, it drains batteries pretty quick on high!:) It carries great in the pocket. The clip works quite well, and you barely know it's in your pocket. Excellent backup light!

magellan

Honorary Aussie

UGH! So tempting! I love my AAA's and this is def one of the more impressive ones I've seen. Is this a direct drive on turbo? With the wider head than body, how does it carry it pocket?

It doesn't feel overly bulky in the pocket in my mokume version which is a bit heavier than the steel. The wider throw head doesn't feel too bulky either and the bigger reflector puts out a lot more light. I also believe the 1000 lumens setting is direct drive. I only run it for short periods on high, but it's amazing to see that in such a small light. I'd love a smooth, non-dragon body version too to show off the grain of the mokume better, but after querying TnC that isn't in the offing. The dragon body makes it a very tactile light, and often when I'm doing something mindless like watching TV, I find I take it out of my pocket just to fondle it. It might be my favorite AAA/10440 size light, and I have a lot of them (almost 70 at last count). It is definitely one of the most impressive AAA/10440 format lights out there. The only other AAA/10440 lights that I know of that are high end enough to compete with it are the MBI HF-R and the Tain Ottavino (the AAA version, not the 10280), but they're not nearly as bright.

Last edited:

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast

Magellan, you are making me want to keep it! I would, because it's awesome, but I need a couple Mcgizmo bodies. Anybody have one or two, to trade?

magellan

Honorary Aussie

LOL

On the other hand, selling for a McGizmo body or two is completely understandable. :) I have a couple of McClicky bodies that I haven't built out yet and also LS20 and LS27 lights and they're great. So don't feel too guilty. :)

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie

Congrats to both buyer and seller on a great sale.