Malkoff AAA Flashlight? Now with poll.

Would you buy an AAA Malkoff light?

• Yes, regardless of options.

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes, with qualifiers. I'm a Flashaholic, after all...

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nichia!

Banned
Who wants to see keychain AAA flashlight from Malkoff beside me? Maybe with Nichia and even Natural white cree led are welcome.
I really like the idea of bomb proof keychain light from Malkoff and maybe this time no PWM ..
So what you think?

what I want see in this light is:-

1. Small size (keychain size like 4sevens preon, lumintop tool, surefire titan etc...).

2. Tail switch (NO Twisty) PLEASE.

3. NO PWM.

4. Nichia 219b (sw45k R9080) HI CRI

5. Tail Stand.

6. Small Version of the MDC Clip (its Perfect).

7. Support Both Eneloop & Li-ion 10444.

8. 100 Lumens or more on normal AAA and 250 lumens or more on 10444.

9. Thrower (is a mast feature)

10. ????

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Re: Malkoff AAA Flashlight?

Sure why not! But for me an AAA light is all about the size. ALL about the size. I figure an AAA Malkoff would be in the usual bombproof fashion, rather bulky, so I wouldn't really benefit from it. I'd probably still buy one though.

Nichia!

Banned

They need to change their way of thinking if they ever do it like you said it all about the size..
A fully potted electronics is what am I after NO NEED for 1" thick battery tube;)

wolfgaze

Enlightened

I would be interested and agree about being PWM free...

Nichia!

Banned

And let's not forget the ability to take either alkaline or 10440 for extra lumens! With switch and the ability to tail stand. Simply It Would be Absolutely the Best keychain light on the planet!

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be interested, and probably end up buying one regardless.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would love a AAA from Malkoff.

archimedes

Flashaholic

I actually wonder if this is maybe why these don't exist ....

If it wasn't overbuilt, it wouldn't be a Malkoff

If it was overbuilt, it might defeat the purpose for which most want a AAA flashlight (very small and lightweight, to carry on a keyring)

The three AAA torches that come to my mind as being in this niche already would be the SureFire Titan, the Peak Eiger, and perhaps the PK-PL2 ....

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast

another vote for a Malkoff AAA, regardless if it keeps the advantages of the size of AAA. :twothumbs

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

Heh - I wonder how many advance orders they would need to consider a one time "novelty run".

EtA: for that matter, I still want to see a 9V host that can take an M61xxx drop-in. :grin2:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast

MD3 with M61SHO?
P

Not quite. From an emergency prep scenario, we know that 9V batteries are almost always available on shelves. So picture a P60-style bezel, mated to a rectangular host, large enough to mount a switch and house a 9V battery.

Never mind that you can almost always put your hands on a 9V battery, should you want to run an M61 or comparably bright drop-in, but think about the M61LL(L) drop-ins. The host already table-stands, so you have a ceiling bounce lantern, with days of run time. Or a compact, easily handled flashlight that uses perhaps the only batteries you're likely to have an excess of.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Regarding 9V batteries and true "emergency" emergencies .... many (though not all) 9V batteries contain 6x AAAA cells.

Although I haven't done the math, or ever actually tried this, 3x AAAA could perhaps be made to fit into an MD4 host with appropriate spacers, and would have ~ 4.5V (but rather low capacity)

:caution: be aware however that the polarity can be unclear or misleading on these bare AAAA cells, and many Malkoff dropins are NOT polarity protected.

Last edited:

Lucky Duck

Enlightened

Count me in if it has a sub lumen mode! *Oh and a forward clicky switch.

Last edited: