The most off centered LED I have seen.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I seen this in a floor sample at REI the other day.

What is the most off centered LED you own or seen.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a special model that throws the light around a 90 degree angle with the light pointed straight.:poke:

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm betting that's the result of a few too many customers drumming it on the display rack to see how well it holds up / how it performs as a hammer.

Over the years I've seen some incredibly mangled display goods in stores.

night.hoodie

Enlightened
You did it! You have found the proof! That LED is actually tap dead center, and Albert Einstein and predecessors, such as Ibn al-Haytham, were flatly incorrect that light always travels in a straight line. Those charlatans obviously made up that hogwash out of thin air. Congratulations on discovering such a scientifically important artifact that will once and for all topple these bunk paradigms of junk science we've been force fed, and by which we have all been fooled for far too long. The shackles of ignorance have finally corroded, loosened and fallen away! Thank you for posting, and in the process, you have enriched all of humankind!

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had the same thing on a lumapower lm-21 aaa light. The led was so off center that it was under the reflector...

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, that's the most extreme example of off centered LED I have seen. I guess the light has been dropped to the floor.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Yes, that's the most extreme example of off centered LED I have seen. I guess the light has been dropped to the floor.

It was actually hanging if memory is correct in a display on that rope attached to the top so it can't drop though don't know what happened before they tied it off. Or at least I think it was tied. I was captivated with the off centered LED so wasn't paying attention to much else. When buying a light at a retail store I check if the LED is centered. I didn't want any of them but out of curiosity checked one which wasn't hanging. It's LED was off so then checked this one which was far worse.

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was actually hanging if memory is correct in a display on that rope attached to the top so it can't drop though don't know what happened before they tied it off. Or at least I think it was tied. I was captivated with the off centered LED so wasn't paying attention to much else. When buying a light at a retail store I check if the LED is centered. I didn't want any of them but out of curiosity checked one which wasn't hanging. It's LED was off so then checked this one which was far worse.

While many things can be bought at lower price online there is an advantage with buying them at a physical store. I very much appreciate the possibility to check the sample at place before leaving the store. Apart from flashlights I like to do it when it comes to binoculars. For example checking that they are not out of collimation or other faulty. I can pay some extra money for avoiding sending back a faulty sample which could be easily detected with a short inspection.

Last edited: