Stock Maglite Bi-Pin Blubs

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys, I'm looking for just the bulbs for a new style Maglite Bi-Pin holder. I've seen just the whole setup with the bi-pin holder, collar and bulb but I already have all that and I figured the bulb must be the least expensive part. I'm specifically looking for a 2D one. Thanks!!

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have not seen them sold separately, yet, only as a kit with holder and collar.

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I guess the whole kit is pretty cheap but I would think the bulbs would be even cheaper seeing as how the bi-pin adapter doesn't really wear out. I tried searching around in a bunch of old threads and it seemed like some people had varying degrees of success adapting other bulbs to the adapter but I didn't see anything concrete.

Need a Light?

Newly Enlightened
Check Home Depot, I got my 2 cell bulbs for $.01 each when I went a few months ago, it was marked down in their system because of age (only the 2 cell) and I bought all they had for less than a quarter

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! I guess the whole kit is pretty cheap but I would think the bulbs would be even cheaper seeing as how the bi-pin adapter doesn't really wear out. I tried searching around in a bunch of old threads and it seemed like some people had varying degrees of success adapting other bulbs to the adapter but I didn't see anything concrete.
the adapter is plastic, sure you can use other g4 bulbs, but anything above few watts you are risking to melt the holder.
fivemega used to sell good holders that work in maglite and do not melt, but i'm not sure if they are still available.

me personally, i do not like new bulbs, i dropped my mag with new bulb, and it came out of the holder a bit on 1 side, had to remove the heads and push the bulb back, i like white star 1 bulbs better, i could not see any difference between WS1 and 2 beam wise.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the heads up on the Home Depot trick. I bought 4 there this afternoon. I still would like to find just a bulb that fits though.