New chargers from Xtar?

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
I am curious if there are plans for some new chargers. I like the idea of a small one slot rugged waterproof usb powered charger with powerbank function, including a small display that for example shows the actual voltage and amps. It should be compatible with li-ion and nmh batteries.

Xtar famous names could be: fire ant, killer ant, military ant, diving ant, survival ant, final ant, ip68 ant hahaha, LOL!

Does somebody know if we could expect some new items from them?

Last edited:

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't know, I just got into rechargeable and had a nitecore first then sent it back and bought a xtar vp2... should have got a 4

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's now a over a few months old.

Let's face it, Xtar has done such a good job and released so many quality chargers from 12vdc to 5v USB, six bays to one bay, multi-chem to dedicated li-ion, that there's not a lot of room left to improve.

Sure, we all have our opinions on this Xtar, or that Xtar, but they have them from $8 up to $90 dollars and all points in between.

If you have to have the Nth degree in flexibility and capability, pony up for the SkyRC MC3000 and be done with it. Otherwise, the VP2 for $35 shipped, is probably one of the more accurate and flexible chargers for not a lot of cash, we can find.

Chris

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
The SkyRC indeed is a great charger for in house purposes, but I like the small portable chargers that I can use during a hike or in camp. I recently bought an Opus BT-C100 analyzing charger with powerbank function and I think it is a nice charger. The problem is that it is not small, water resistant and rugged enough to throw in your backpack and use it in the field. It would be nice if Xtar would develop some kind of rugged, small all in one charger with a tiny display for those outdoor purposes.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SkyRC indeed is a great charger for in house purposes, but I like the small portable chargers that I can use during a hike or in camp. I recently bought an Opus BT-C100 analyzing charger with powerbank function and I think it is a nice small charger. The problem is that it is not small, water resistant and rugged enough to throw in your backpack and use it in the field. It would be nice if Xtar would develop some kind of rugged, small all in one charger with a tiny display for those outdoor purposes.

Just buy one of those Pelican 1030 waterproof cases and some PnP foam.

I bought two used 1060s and put some lights in one, with some 18650s and CR123As just to fiddle with. It's a tad heavy for what it is, but 3 lights, 8 CR123As, 2 18650s and a SAK Classic makes for a good grab-and-go solution.

I'm mulling over what I want to do with the second one...maybe a charger like a Liitokala 202 that I have here and some other lights.

If you're doing ultra-lite backpacking, then they're not for you, but ZipLock baggies are my solution for splash resistance.

You can buy the MC1+, MC1+ ANT, or the XP-1 Hummingbird and not be out a lot of cash, for grab and go options and find a small, cheap storage case, which aren't too spendy.

Chris

FlashlightR

Newly Enlightened
Buying one of those small strong pelican cases indeed is not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying one of those small strong pelican cases indeed is not a bad idea. Thanks for the suggestion, I will think about it.

I just cobbled that together with my own foam, as one came without its PnP insert.

PD35, Quark Tactical, ShiningBeam I-Mini for reference, 18650s, CR123A and SAK. I think that I'll pick up one of those Olight Flex magnetic USB chargers, since I can lay it on top. That way, I can charge up either my 18650s, or 16340s, if I decide incorporate those.

Chris

002_zpsky0zomxi.jpg