AA Zebralights flashlights

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
Thinking of getting one of these for my semi-elderly folks.
Do they heat up on high a fair amount?
How far can you see with them, or, how much throw to the floodies, at the mid 100 lumen or so level?
I am actually considering getting several. I like that they are potted and made in the US. Also, I am thinking of setting high to the mid 100s or so, so that someone (probably me) does not get face blasted too bad (also for heat concerns - I don't want to encourage my stepdad, who is a pyro).
My mom likes her Fenix LD12 2017 edition. I just want to get something a little bit more bomb proof. If I win the lottery it might just be HDSes all around. As for now, these lights might be good for tweens and teens as well, as long as they don't get too hot or they try to show how tough they are by staring into them, etc.
Neutral with decent or good CRI sounds nice.
I know these lights are well regarded and look forward to hearing about them.

Strintguy

Enlightened
I don't think Zebras heat up much unless used with a 14500. I'm pretty sure they're made in China. Good balance of flood and throw. Very highly regarded here.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
I really enjoy my SC52w and have never had heat issues. I run 14500s and when on high it's 500 lumens and the it will step down to 280 lumens. The lumens levels in this light are awesome and the UI is perfect. I have yet to find a better UI in a production light.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SC5 will get hot on high but not too hot if you like it hot?
The SC52 is perfect as my main EDC light but you might not be able to program a low enough high too?
Also the interface might be a challenge for some in the Elder group?
Otherwise there are no better lights for the price or size than I have tried and I have tried a lot of them!

Cobraman502

Enlightened
The SC5 will get hot on high but not too hot if you like it hot?
The SC52 is perfect as my main EDC light but you might not be able to program a low enough high too?
Also the interface might be a challenge for some in the Elder group?
Otherwise there are no better lights for the price or size than I have tried and I have tried a lot of them!

I'll second that. +1