Wallmount, long throw/narrow flood for farm use

knutfh

Newly Enlightened
First post on here. I enjoy quality products. Looking for a flashlight to keep on my farm, to always be on standby by the front door.

Basic requirements/wishes:
  1. Lots of light. Need to flood the nearest fields and preferably also project far into the neighbouring fields. Amount of light is of importance here.
  2. Wall mounted - I'm mounting this by the entrance, to always be on standby. Charging cradle is preferred, but not a requirement.
  3. Willing to pay for quality and fulfilling the functional requirements, but within reason.

I've filled out the check list, but condensed it for brevity. Really looking forward to your suggestions!

1) How would you prefer to purchase the light?

No preference

2) Budget: An easy question, but you may change your mind after answering the rest! :)
I don't know yet

3) Format:
I want a flashlight (hand held/self contained).

4) Size:
I don't know/I don't care.

5) Emitter/Light source:
I don't know.

6) Manufacturer:
I want to buy a light from a large/traditional manufacturer that is ready to go out of the box.

7) What power source do you want to use?
I don't know/I need more information on power sources.

7a) If you have selected a rechargeable option
I want a light that snaps into a cradle (usually mounted on a wall)

8) How much genuine out the front (OTF) light do you want/need? Sometimes you can have too much light (trying to read up close up with a 100 lumen light is not a happy experience).
I want search and rescue type illumination (800+ lumens).

_X_SPECIAL NOTE: Burst/Turbo mode Category - There are several lights that will run at a super bright maximum for a very limited period (usually 5-10 minutes) and then will "step-down" to a lower level for thermal control. Check here if this is acceptable.

9) Flood vs Throw: Flood covers an area, Throw reaches out to a distance.
Wide Throw: I want a beam with a noticeable hot-center for distance throw and a significant amount of "side-spill". Good for rough trail hiking, search and rescue, and general distance work.

9a) Distance: How far away will you typically need to see with this light (check all that apply)
50-150 yards/meters (I live in a very rural area/farm with wide open spaces)
150+ yards (I am searching from a helicopter)

10) Runtime: Not over-inflated manufacturer runtime claims, but usable brightness measured from first activation to 50% with new batteries (Measured on maximum continuous output).
Up to 30 minutes (I want the brightest [and potentially smallest] light for brief periods)

11) Durability/Usage: Generally the old phrase "you get what you pay for" is very accurate for flashlights.
Critical (Police, Fire, Search & Rescue, Caving, Survival).

12) Switch Size, Type, and location (choose all that apply)
Any size switch will do.

13) User Interface (UI) and mode selection. Select all that apply.
I don't care.

14)Material/Finish/Coating
I don't care.

15) Water resistance
IPX8 (Submersible to greater than 1 meter for 4 hours)

16) Storage conditions
In house (temperature/climate controlled environment)
Emergency kit (long standby periods)

17) Special Needs/extras: Is there anything else you want or need that hasn't been mentioned? Select any/all below.
None

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered a Mag-lite Rechargable LED Flashlight Maglite RL1019 LED Rechargeable Flashlight System with 120V Converter & 12V DC Auto Adapter, Black

found on Amazon for $85 ?

It isn't IPX8 though, only IPX4.