Klarus        

Thread: G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

Default G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

New offering from Surefire - the G2Z combat light with MaxVision. Already up on the SF website - listed retail as $120-ish.

Anyone else seen or heard about this one yet?
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Default Re: G2Z combatlight with MaxVision

650 lumens sounds good.
    I'm guessing around 2500cd as the 400 lumen EB1-MV is 1,900cd.
    "Tint is within the eye of the beholder." - WoodsWalker

Flashaholic

If they're doing 650 with a nitrolon body, I shall wish for the same type of upgrade to the G2X. I'd buy that...

Interesting.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

At that price point, I'd be tempted to buy one just to test it out - well, once my finances stabilize.

That said, I wonder if it's going to be an all flood profile, or something directed. The only SF "MaxVision" I have is the Titan/Titan Plus.
    "We canít just go with MBAV because itís out there and battle-proven." - Fred Coppola, deputy project manager for Soldier Protection and Individual Equipment

Flashaholic*

Curious as to switch travel. Combat light body with click tail cap? I would like to think the "throw" of the switch is long enough that one could use the light in momentary fashion without clicking it fully on. Interesting combination.
    Prometheans #253

Am keeping my eyes on this one

I like it!! Like the body/design and the beefy bezel(reminds me a little of elzetta thick or makoff thickness).

Looks a nice light and well priced.................

For a dedicated pistol light...this is looking interesting. Though 650 might be a bit too much indoors, and the G2Z seems a bit large for concealed carry.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by sgt253 View Post
    Curious as to switch travel. Combat light body with click tail cap? I would like to think the "throw" of the switch is long enough that one could use the light in momentary fashion without clicking it fully on. Interesting combination.
    If the switch is true to the 4 Nitrolon X lights I own the travel is perfect and provides great feedback when you're approaching the "click" for constant on.
    I have zero issues avoiding constant on, the switch offers tactile feel of progressive stiffness before you hit constant on. No need to feather it, I can mash on it solidly and know I'm not going to have an unwanted "click". So yeah, it's long enough, great switch IMO.

Nice--single output, great ergonomics. I'd like to see how the MaxVision beam pans out.

Flashaholic*

Here's what interests me:

* A reflector that shapes 650 lumens of light into wide useful field of vision.
    * Foolproof activation
    * Simplicity
    Wish: 1) Super low beacon; easy find flashlight. 2) Low voltage indicator, so not stranded without light. 3) Simple, one handed control ring mode changer (magnetic control ring). 4) Flood beam for walking/tasks. 5) Pocket carry. 6) LiFePO4.

It's perfect for clearing rooms, although I can't say it's an ideal night stand light without a low beam. Still, I like it. Could be wise to wait and see if Amazon sells it at a lower price point. I wonder how well it will function with a 16650?

Paid $98.10 shipped, last night. I will test the output on a 16650 vs the 123s w/ my light meter.
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
    Paid $98.10 shipped, last night. I will test the output on a 16650 vs the 123s w/ my light meter.
    Awesome, thanks!

Cool, I'm glad for you, beam shots please.

Flashaholic "Give me more lumens!" - Flashlight Addict -

Argh. Just found out, after I ordered it, that it won't ship out until the end of May, maybe. In the process of cancelling the order. Sigh...
    I have more than I need, but not as many as I want...

Years ago SUREFIRE put TIR in their lights so they can throw better and better. Now they started to make some floody models.
    G2Z-MV bezel looks like INFORCEs bezel : more agressive than a smooth bezel but not as agressive as E2D/ED2L bezels, the pants are now safe.

Looks awesome. Anyone tuned in to the the recent announcements and gear presentation shows or whatever know if there are plans for a similar all Al bodied version of this?

Looks like something I might need to put a Triad on, if modoo ever makes them without mandatory clip and trit holes again. Or find an old one on the CPFMP.
    The TEN POSTS PER DAY post count challenge:
    Click the "About Me" tab on your profile page and see how YOUR post count stacks up with the competition (Current Champ: 11.34 posts per day)!

Flashaholic*

The G2Z-MV looks for me like a new modern Z2-S. This light had also a very wide beam and also only one level. I also ordered one and can not wait till the light will arrive..
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Flashaholic*

The G2Z-MV arrived, nice light. If someone would like to see some pictures. I have here an german short review:
    https://www.messerforum.net/showthre...r-die-Umgebung

Unfortunately the body and the head is glued . Has someone experience on separating both parts. I have not tried it with too much force, because I will not damage the thread of the nitrolon tube.
    Looking for Orange Surefire G2 Host. If you have one you don't like please PM me.

Glue is typical on SF nitrolon heads bonded to aluminum bodies, but compared to their all-aluminum lights, the ones with nitrolon bodies seem easier to remove.
    I suppose the adhesive sticks better to aluminum.

Hopefully one of the guys here can try if it can be converted to two-mode version.

That would be awesome for most of us who don't need a single mode only light for tactical use.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMM View Post
    Hopefully one of the guys here can try if it can be converted to two-mode version.
    You can guess why I would like to remove the head & body. The electronic looks like the P2X Fury electronic. At least the PCB that is visible when I look into the battery tube (when the CR123s are removed).

I can see the conductor path is manually interrupted. Therefore I guess "repairing" this will create a cool 2 level light. THis is at least my hope. But at first I need to separate body and head.

Flashaholic*

Anyone an idea on how to separate the head and Body without damaging the light?

Flashaholic

Somebody help this man! We need a G2Z with 2 levels!

Some here have had luck with a heat gun to soften the adhesive on the threads, then using strap wrenches or strips of rubber rolled around the head and body for a good grip.

Not too much heat, just enough to break the bond.