Look What I Made....

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
A G1. I know I'm late to the G1 party but I had to give it a try for myself. I bought an old G2 off ebay and started cutting. I pretty much used the technique outlined by Scout24 in this thread

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...shorty-quot-Surefire-Has-anyone-does-this-mod

The nitrolon responds well to sanding and it is easy to fine tune the shape this way. I used a coping saw to cut the nitrolon and a hacksaw to cut the tube. JB Weld was used to glue the head to the body.

It's not perfect as it has a small almost imperceptible lean where the tube is glued to the head but overall I'm pretty happy for my first, and probably last, attempt.

DSCN1698.JPG

Next to my Fivemega bodied 3P

DSCN1699.JPG

Installed a Mclicky switch and Malkoff M31W drop-in and...It works!

DSCN1700.JPG

I cut mine a bit longer than some do so I had to extend the negative contact probe. It's the screw from the old momentary switch. It fits snug in the spring and makes perfect flicker free contact. I think I'll keep it in the motorcycle tank bag over the summer.

DSCN17011.JPG

Last edited:

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
I wanted something smaller I could knock about without worrying about it. My 3P is too pretty to see rough service lol.

Last edited:

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
Good point. I thought it would be lighter. With the Malkoff drop-in, it's actually heavier than my G2 with stock incan bulb. Go figure...

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
I made a couple more; the black one is incandescent (3P bulb) and the others have Malkoff M31 L Neutral dropins. Having Fun.:grin2:

DSCN17163.JPG

DSCN17173.JPG