Low Lumens, Very Warm Lens

Feahnor

Newly Enlightened
I think this should be a relatively easy one, so no need for the full form.
I need a low lumens light for checking the baby. Neutral or Cool White lights bother him, so I need something with a tint like an incandescent light, very warm. I'm currently using a thrunite T10 in moonlight mode, but even it, being a 4300k light, bother him.
Any recomendation? I prefer AAA or AA lights, but I'm open for another battery types if they are worth it. I have an olight omni charger, so I think I should be good with almost any compact battery type. I won't be needing high lumens modes as I will only use moonlight mode, but if they are there it should be no problem.

Thanks.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Low Lumens, Very Bright Lens

Pick a light. Mod with Nichia 219C, 3000K. Pm me if interested. I have a spare LED and few available AAA lights.

Edit: how about a thrunite ti5?

Feahnor

Newly Enlightened
Re: Low Lumens, Very Bright Lens

Pick a light. Mod with Nichia 219C, 3000K. Pm me if interested. I have a spare LED and few available AAA lights.

Edit: how about a thrunite ti5?
thanks, but I'm not really gifted with solder or electronic working hability. The ti5 is not really warm, so that won't do.

Feahnor

Newly Enlightened
No I mean I'll mod it for you. With a 3000K Nichia (halogen tint). Very warm.
Thanks, but I live in France. The posting costs would make it not a good inversion only for checking on the baby. Thanks anyway.

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Maglite solitaire...its aaa light and it's incandescent so you have very warm tint and it's not so powerful at best 2 lumens

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Astrolux A01, preferably the copper ones which should be from the good batches.

pc_light

Enlightened
My immediate reaction upon seeing your thread title was the FourSevens limited edition Preon 0 Ti (Nichia) because I use it all the time for similar nightime manuevers. But then I continued to read more details and think something simple like what Gunga may be proposing will be just fine.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite solitaire...its aaa light and it's incandescent so you have very warm tint and it's not so powerful at best 2 lumens

I think this is honestly a very good budget option for that specific task. The light is wonderfully warm toned. Just make sure you don't mistakenly order the LED version if you go this route.

The incandescent version isn't nearly as efficient as an LED would be, but put an NiMH rechargeable in there and efficiency becomes a mere matter of how frequently you recharge. For example, if it gives you 2 hours of useful runtime, and you use it 5 minutes a night, you'd charge it about once a month.

For indoor use, I put a piece of tape over mine, which diffuses the beam. I think I like it this way, so I will probably sand the lens gently as a permanent diffuser. On the downside, the effective range is much shorter, and the zoom does almost nothing if you take this step.

Or the route of getting a custom-modded light will likely give you more versatility.