What is the best bag to use for a Bail Out Bag?

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Basically I want to know what is the best bag out there to use for a everyday carry bail out bag. I've recently read opinion of the Proteus and the Fatboy. I've heard a few good comments about the CountyCom bail out bag. Anything else out there?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had the CountyComm version for about a year. Very well made and has a lot different sized pockets. I recently stopped using it in favor of a Jansport backpack that holds about 3x as much gear. For a smaller BOB though, the CountyComm bag is great.

-Keith

george9c1

Newly Enlightened
I'm using a Bucketboss brand toolbag. The one I've got is called the Gatemouth. Since it's made for tools it's very durable and well stitched. Won't hold a lot of clothing, but I can fit what I need for a couple of days use. Lots of interior pockets and several outside pockets. Although It wasn't bought with this use in mind, it works fairly well for me.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What is the best bag to use for a Bail Out Bag

I switch off between a backpack and a courierbag for EDC but I keep a Spec-ops Brand Pack Rat loaded with my short term bug out gear. This way I can just move it from bag to bag and know it has the gear I most immediately need in it. Well made in the US lots of pockets, yellow lining to help you see what's in it and you can buy a strap for it and carry it by itself too.

Tad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif