Did you ever use your tactial light for self defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's frowned upon to talk about fight club here, in light of that, I broke up a gang fight by shining a light into the eyes of the guy with the biggest mouth. I also took a defensive stance and thrusted it out towards him which probably confused him

Capolini

Banned
Once,,,not your typical self defense situation.

This car was a few hundred yards away and going fast.That is a pretty good indication that they are staying on the main road.Just in case I do the usual. Put strobe on and point torch to the ground.I do this for ~ 5 seconds.There is a "Y" in the road and 95% of the people stay on the main road,she did not. Before you know it she is about 30 yards away from me and heading right towards me and CAPO. It happened so fast.I am trying to get to the shoulder of the road and at the same time I just pointed my K40vn right at her car and that got her attention!Then she finally saw me or paid attention and slowed down!

I do not do that walk anymore. ALL my night time hikes are on the trail w/ the exception of a dirt road hike where the people drive slow and I may see 0 to 3 cars in 70 minutes. Been doing that for 3 years now. The people know me and are very considerate,,,,,not one problem.In fact when Mr. Morrison's 7 year old daughter sees me she says, "Look Dad, it is the flashlight guy"!:cool:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quote: "Did you ever use your tactial light for self defense?" A very venomous looking spider was advancing on me one night, and I zapped it with the photons from my Fenix TK75vnQ70.

Status
Not open for further replies.