Foxfury Scout        

Thread: RadioShack closing stores, batteries sold on close out

Default RadioShack closing stores, batteries sold on close out

RadioShack closed many of their stores in Ohio. They had sales on many items. I bought all of the batteries at several stores. Here's what I got, these are all pairs except the TL2300 D-sized and the SL20X's.

18 pairs - 16340's 3.7v Li-ion 700mAh

21 pairs - 18350's 3.7v Li-ion, 10 are 900mAh, 11 are 800mAh. These are protected cells.

6 pairs - 18650's 3.7v Li-ion 2000mAh, these are protected cells.

8 pairs - 26650's 3.7v Li-ion 3500mAh.

9 single - TL2300 D-sized 3.6v LiSOCL2 19000mAh, 19Ah.

1 pair of 18650's with a dual charger

2 pairs of 14500's with a dual charger

2 - 7.2v 3300mAh NI-MH battery packs with multi tips and charger.

18 single SL20X battery packs, 6.0v, NiCd 1800mAh

Last edited by archimedes; Yesterday at 06:30 PM. Reason: discussion forum

Default Re: RadioShack closing stores, batteries for sale.

I assume that is a Radio Shack house brand. Anyone know what they really are inside?
    You don't NEED a parachute to skydive. You DO need a parachute to skydive twice.

Here's their website: http://digitalenergyworld.com

Default RadioShack closing stores, batteries for sale.

Wow that's a ton of batteries ^_^
    Edit: sent u a pm
    Last edited by the0dore3524; 04-01-2017 at 09:16 PM.

It's technically a Radio Shack by Sprint store that's closed, we covered the loss of the original Radio Shacks in 2015 over in the radios thread.

Does anyone know more details about these DEworld batteries? I bought a pair of the 18350 cells (800 mAh) from a seller on eBay. They arrived in seemingly unused condition, as there are no marks or scratches anywhere on the cells or the package. Unfortunately, they both measure a very low 1.1 volts out of the wrapper. I assume they have sat on the shelf for a very long time, and have suffered from prolonged self discharge.

Is it safe to even attempt to charge these, considering the extremely low SOC in which they were found? Any guesses whether these are ICR or IMR type chemistry? The box does claim a 10C maximum discharge rate.

I'm curious to see whether they have any useful remaining capacity, but I'm not willing to burn down my home to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ty_Bower View Post
    Does anyone know more details about these DEworld batteries? I bought a pair of the 18350 cells (800 mAh) from a seller on eBay. They arrived in seemingly unused condition, as there are no marks or scratches anywhere on the cells or the package. Unfortunately, they both measure a very low 1.1 volts out of the wrapper. I assume they have sat on the shelf for a very long time, and have suffered from prolonged self discharge.

Is it safe to even attempt to charge these, considering the extremely low SOC in which they were found? Any guesses whether these are ICR or IMR type chemistry? The box does claim a 10C maximum discharge rate.

I'm curious to see whether they have any useful remaining capacity, but I'm not willing to burn down my home to find out.
    I guess if you’ve got an analyzing charger you might come to a safe conclusion yourself. If it has low internal resistance, if it does not heat up while charging (you need to do a first supervised charge), if its measured capacity is OK...

I bought some Radio Shack batteries and were the worst I've ever tested and the most expensive I ever bought.