Wanted: fake eneloops (looking for knock offs for educational purpose)

ChibiM

Enlightened
I`m currently looking for fake eneloop batteries.
They are going to be used for my website http://eneloop101.com/batteries/real-or-fake/ to show how to distinguish real from counterfeit eneloops. So it will be a educational means.

Have you ever bought fake eneloops? Do you know a seller that sells fakes? let me know (preference would be 4th gen)

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Nobody ever bought fake eneloops?
Nobody know a place that sells fake eneloops?

This is going to be for educational purpose only and I will add it to my overview thread on CPF as well.

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a look on eBay Aliexpress and a few of the other sites, Even from China Eneloops are expensive, they seem cheaper in the UK, or US, Some of the packing has an hologram over part of the Eneloop blister pack, I though they might be fake but i cannot tell (even when checking for spelling mistakes), No really cheap Eneloops.

John.

ChibiM

Enlightened
I also thought eBay would be the way to go. But I don't want to think that I bought counterfeits but getting authentic ones :) so ebay is also a no go. So if somebody thinks/knows he bought some fake eneloops, I would like to hear from you as I hope we can work something out.

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't regularly see fake eneloops, branded as eneloops. What I do see a lot is rebranded and rewrapped eneloops.
For example, AmazonBasics rechargeables. There are black ones, white ones, and some of each with green stripes, I think. Some are eneloops, some are eneloop pro, and some are junk.
Same way with Energizer rechargeables. One series is eneloop underneath, while the Eco series is not. I think.
I'd be more interested in a site to keep track not of branded eneloops but the rebranded ones.

ChibiM

Enlightened
I will dedicate a page with that info as well. But pretty basic. The bottom line is this; Made in Japan. The funny thing that I come across is some people are talking about batteries that are made in china, but think they are rewrapped Japanese eneloops.
1 thins is very clear. Nobody will put Made in China on a package when they are actually made in Japan. So, whatever brand you buy, take a look at this.

So I`m a little disappointed nobody actually has some fake eneloops.... branded as eneloops. Im even interested in 1st 2nd generation.... Well, it actually doesnt disappoint me, because that would mean they arent copying them anymore... (and I have actually an idea why........ )

Anybody?

john1230

Newly Enlightened
These might be fakes that I found on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PANASONIC...159263?hash=item5414ad5f1f:g:vUQAAOSwn51UaVAy

Triangular punch holes are listed as fake on a web site?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Panasonic...112357?hash=item3ad6d0d0e5:g:wIEAAOSw5cNYLVkx

This one red writing for the "Pre-Charged" and "Ready For Use" while the others have it in orange.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sanyo-Ene...450362?hash=item3abe84633a:g:5tAAAOSwuAVW1P0z

This one I'm not too sure about, I'm just including it here as possible fake.

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hi John,
Thanks for checking. I dont believe the first 2 are fake. The triangular punch holes can be found on many packages and I have not come along proof that they are fakes. Same with the red vs orange text. I can at least add that to my list about some misconceptions.

So id like people to chime in with packages as the 2 you mentioned and see if they think they are fake.

The 3rd one is unclear but still not cheap to take the plunge.

ChibiM

Enlightened
I don`t want to keep bumping this thread, so this is probably my last call. Is there anybody out there that accidentally got some fake eneloops, please let me know! We can work things out about price, shipping etc through PM.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will dedicate a page with that info as well. But pretty basic. The bottom line is this; Made in Japan. The funny thing that I come across is some people are talking about batteries that are made in china, but think they are rewrapped Japanese eneloops.

Now that panasonic is sourcing "eneloops" out of China, those people might be at least half right in that the Chinese cells could well be rebranded Chinese eneloops.