Surefire KT1/KT2 alternative

Grazor

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if there was a close alternative to a Surefire KT1/KT2. I want a KT1 but have been unable to find one for some time. I was wondering if there was anything that came close in appearance for another manufacturer. I've seen the ones made by Lumens Factory but they resemble a KT4 head.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hi @Grazor and welcome !

Your post is approved, but would be better located in the Incandescent sub-forum ... to where it has been moved :)

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi @Grazor and welcome !

Your post is approved, but would be better located in the Incandescent sub-forum ... to where it has been moved :)

yet again I learned something new... I thought all Surefire K** heads were LED. Nope!

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
KT1 and KT2 are the same head. I have one and use it with one of my Malkoff drop-ins.

I like the beam profile more than the KT4,and there no built in recoil system, making better contact with Malkoff's drop in.

Bill

Grazor

Newly Enlightened
KT1 and KT2 are the same head. I have one and use it with one of my Malkoff drop-ins.

I like the beam profile more than the KT4,and there no built in recoil system, making better contact with Malkoff's drop in.

Bill
Is the malkoff drop in for a Z46 head, KT4 head, or specific to the KT turbo head.

archimedes

Flashaholic

Yes, as @Size15s used to point out, the KT1 "system" ( or "kit" ) and the KT2 "system" differ only in the included lamp assembly ... (6V) N1 for the KT1 and (9V) N2 for the KT2.

The remainder of the parts (adapter, reflector, TurboHead, bezel, etc) are the same.

Which Malkoff tower are you using with these, Bill ?

Is the malkoff drop in for a Z46 head, KT4 head, or specific to the KT turbo head.

Those would be the MD10, MD60, and ??? (respectively)

Last edited:

Blackbird13

Enlightened
Where can I get a dropin for it , I have an old md60 but that I use in my m4 devestator . It looks great, great throw and flood, I'd like to buy another, it something similar

Last edited:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always found the KT1/KT2 threw slightly better than the KT4, but there is not a huge difference. I think in more of a mission critical situation like stuck navigating in a blizzard or something like that, I'd prefer to have the extra protection the KT4 bezel provides to the lamp assembly. If I had to choose I'd rather have a KT4 on a Surefire M4 with an MN60 lamp assembly as opposed to anything provided with the KT1/KT2. The 6 or 9 volt HOLA's available for the KT1/KT2 do not compare favorably to the 12 volt MN60 in overall output or run time. I think the KT1/KT2 is really best served with the LOLA being a more compact package overall.

Last edited:

forstersun

Newly Enlightened
Well...Actually I made some KT1/2(without bulb, they are the same) last year. I'm in China, SureFire players in China really like KT1/2 but they are expensive and rare, so I made dozens of them...Exactly the same with original except lasered my logo under the hex adapter ring, and of course, the color of the oxide layer is not the same.

Strictly speaking, this action, the copy, was not right. So I could not sell them everywhere, they were made for a small group people in China who wanna play lego or what. Even though I have several left I just cant sell one to you.

But if you come to China, I will give you two of them, in different colors, for free.

FK-KT1_036_20160911.jpg