LED 28VDC 1683 Miniature Bulb Ba15s Base?

beavis87

Newly Enlightened
I am trying to find a LED version of a 1683 Miniature Bulb Ba15s Base that is 28VDC. Anyone know where I can find one that is also reasonably priced? I drive military vehicles and this bulb doesn't last long and I want to replace them with LED versions. Thanks

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
What kind of lamp is this bulb used in on the military vehicles you're driving? Is it a brake light, turn signal, interior light...? That's important information for a question like this.

beavis87

Newly Enlightened
What kind of lamp is this bulb used in on the military vehicles you're driving? Is it a brake light, turn signal, interior light...? That's important information for a question like this.

Interior light. Socket is horizontal to floor/ground.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Since it's an interior light, there's no safety concern involved (as there is in exterior lights, where "it fits and it lights up" aren't good enough).

Offhand I don't know any LED bulbs that are worth buying that will meet your specs, but a good, easy, and cheap fix to the problem you're having is to switch to this bulb, the Osram Truckstar P21W, which is a direct swap in every respect (electrical, photometric, optical, physical), and will last much longer than the 1683. You probably have some 1683s in the exterior lights, too; the linked bulb is 1:1 (perfectly safe) swap there, too, and the dual-filament version for brake-tail or park-turn lights is the Osram number 7537TSP (Truckstar P21/5W).

Don't be scared off by the "24 volt" designation; that's the nominal voltage of a system that actually runs on 28v, just like "12 volt" car electrics are actually 13.5 to 14 volt.