Imalent        

Thread: What are some good 8 bay nimh chargers (bonus points for li-ion capable)

Default What are some good 8 bay nimh chargers (bonus points for li-ion capable)

My crummy old 8 cell charger died due to a "power slurge"

Are the Klarus C8 Eight Bay and Enova ALL-80 8x Li-Ion + NiMH Charger the same charger?

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What are some good 8 bay nimh chargers (bonus points for li-ion capable)

They look very similar, but I was going to suggest the Gyrfalcon All - 88. I have the 44 and it is my favorite simple charger. I love the very accurate voltage readings during charging with separate display for each bay.
    SD26vn, T6vn, U21vn#2, TN30vn35#2, K40Lvn, K40Mvn, U21vn#1, MK35vn, TN30vn50, X7vn, X45vn, EC50vn, EC60vn, D25Cvn, ToolvnCu, EC60vn, SC63w, T21vn, U11vn, TX25Cvn, S200C2vn & C22Cvn. Charger: SkyRC, MiBoxer C2-3000

Default Re: What are some good 8 bay nimh chargers (bonus points for li-ion capable)

Quote Originally Posted by brighterthanthesun View Post
    They look very similar, but I was going to suggest the Gyrfalcon All - 88. I have the 44 and it is my favorite simple charger. I love the very accurate voltage readings during charging with separate display for each bay.
    I dismissed the Gyrfalcon All - 88, because I want my mostly battery illiterate spouse to use it and not have to change any settings. I don't want her to somehow accidentally switch the charger to 4.35 when she shouldn't . Thank you anyways, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Right now I am also considering two 4 bay chargers, since there are a lot of great options for 4 bay and not so much for 8 bay.

Quote Originally Posted by insanefred View Post
    I dismissed the Gyrfalcon All - 88, because I want my mostly battery illiterate spouse to use it and not have to change any settings. I don't want her to somehow accidentally switch the charger to 4.35 when she shouldn't . Thank you anyways, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Right now I am also considering two 4 bay chargers, since there are a lot of great options for 4 bay and not so much for 8 bay.
    Not to mention if one goes out on you, you can use the other one still and also if you get the right 4 bay charger you can power it off a car and leave one 4 bay charger at home and take one with you when needed.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Arc View Post
    Not to mention if one goes out on you, you can use the other one still and also if you get the right 4 bay charger you can power it off a car and leave one 4 bay charger at home and take one with you when needed.
    Hey, I didn't even think of that! Thanks.

Is Nitecore and Xtar still the top tier chargers?

All88 was reviewed by HKJ. I have one and use it for all types & sizes of batteries. Very versatile. The controls are a bit fiddley, but if you use it often enough it becomes habit.
    Last edited by MAD777; 04-15-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by insanefred View Post
    Hey, I didn't even think of that! Thanks.

Is Nitecore and Xtar still the top tier chargers?
    The top charger I think is the SKYRC MR3000 and most people that talk about nimh tend to lean towards the Maha 9000.
    Personally I'm into lithium ion charging also but I'm rather short on funds I could only afford a single cell but got an Opus it works ok after I modded it to correct the voltage which was off a little.
    Fenix Split rings 1400+ sent, SWIVELS now available also!
    Psalm 112:4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.