What are some good 8 bay nimh chargers (bonus points for li-ion capable)

insanefred

Enlightened
My crummy old 8 cell charger died due to a "power slurge":(

Are the Klarus C8 Eight Bay and Enova ALL-80 8x Li-Ion + NiMH Charger the same charger?

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
They look very similar, but I was going to suggest the Gyrfalcon All - 88. I have the 44 and it is my favorite simple charger. I love the very accurate voltage readings during charging with separate display for each bay.

insanefred

Enlightened
They look very similar, but I was going to suggest the Gyrfalcon All - 88. I have the 44 and it is my favorite simple charger. I love the very accurate voltage readings during charging with separate display for each bay.

I dismissed the Gyrfalcon All - 88, because I want my mostly battery illiterate spouse to use it and not have to change any settings. I don't want her to somehow accidentally switch the charger to 4.35 when she shouldn't :poof:. Thank you anyways, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Right now I am also considering two 4 bay chargers, since there are a lot of great options for 4 bay and not so much for 8 bay.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I dismissed the Gyrfalcon All - 88, because I want my mostly battery illiterate spouse to use it and not have to change any settings. I don't want her to somehow accidentally switch the charger to 4.35 when she shouldn't :poof:. Thank you anyways, let me know if you have any other ideas.

Right now I am also considering two 4 bay chargers, since there are a lot of great options for 4 bay and not so much for 8 bay.
Not to mention if one goes out on you, you can use the other one still and also if you get the right 4 bay charger you can power it off a car and leave one 4 bay charger at home and take one with you when needed.

insanefred

Enlightened
Not to mention if one goes out on you, you can use the other one still and also if you get the right 4 bay charger you can power it off a car and leave one 4 bay charger at home and take one with you when needed.

Hey, I didn't even think of that! Thanks.

Is Nitecore and Xtar still the top tier chargers?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
All88 was reviewed by HKJ. I have one and use it for all types & sizes of batteries. Very versatile. The controls are a bit fiddley, but if you use it often enough it becomes habit.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Hey, I didn't even think of that! Thanks.

Is Nitecore and Xtar still the top tier chargers?

The top charger I think is the SKYRC MR3000 and most people that talk about nimh tend to lean towards the Maha 9000.
Personally I'm into lithium ion charging also but I'm rather short on funds I could only afford a single cell but got an Opus it works ok after I modded it to correct the voltage which was off a little.