Any new pocket rockets

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Hi guys been away from the forum and flashlight community for too long.

I am back and not much seems to have changed in the small light department.

I was hoping to see some new powerful little lights that was going to blow me away lol..

I still want the Tx25Cvn but was hoping to see something that had surpassed that light and also the SdminiVn

I am dreaming of a light something like an 18650 size with k60 type beam.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems like Vinh has been concentrating on the larger lights lately, and having great success I might add.

I just purchased a T21vn which puts out 500,000 Lux. Yes, it uses two 18650 batteries, in line, to do that. But you can remove one and make it a single battery light with about a 25% hit on performance. Still a substantial thrower in a jacket pocket size.

His SD26vn appears quite nice in a single 26650.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah the SD26vn is the best overall in the small, lightweight pocket thrower class IMO. It's engine is an XPL PDT so it's not a pencil thin thrower like a de-domed XP-G2 or even an XHP35 HI, so it doesn't match the EC60vn's 103K lux typical, but the Lumintop provides excellent coverage while still measuring out at 80K cd. It has a very well defined and perfectly circular hotspot, and it's noticeably superior to the Acebeam in terms of heat dissipation. If Vinh could somehow push another four or five hundreds lumens OTF I would buy two dozen of these little gems.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another one I'm looking at is the Eagtac SX30A4vn. It weighs 220 grams with batteries so it's a little heavier than either the EC60vn or SD26vn, which will be around 140-150 grams when powered up. The Lumintop feels as light as a feather in my hand, which is another reason I love it, particularly when you just don't want to feel like you're lugging something around. So the extra weight of the Eagtac concerns me, but just a bit. It's actually very tiny, only 4 1/2 inches. The diameter of the handle is only 40mm too, so it's considerably smaller and lighter than a 6XLvn, even though it might not appear that way in photos. I'll bet there's not another four cell light this small that can come near the 1,800+ lumens / 145k lux of the SX30A4vn. It makes me wonder why in the world Eagtac wouldn't build the stock version to accept li-ion cells. Vinh's version produces such a dramatic increase in output and throw compared to the factory light's 1,427 lumens / 76.5k lux ANSI with same LED.

I have 14500s charged and ready but the SX30A4vn is still sitting in my cart at Sky Lumen. If I hadn't eaten all that sugar every night before bedtime I'd be posting beam shots instead of talking to myself at five o'clock in the morning.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
You are absolutely right. I have not release any pocket rocket in a long time! As of late I have been spitting out mostly high output contenders. Problem with pocket is heat but no excuses. Let me do some research and devote some effort is making a couple of new pocket rockets.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
thDisco-Ball.gif
billiejean.gif
village8mf.gif
partytime.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
stewie.gif
fg_05.gif

623194120iy.gif

Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is awesome news! Exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to see what vinh comes up with! I'm in for sure.

hahoo

Enlightened
my nitecore p-30 came out of the box out throwing a manker u21 stock at 113k lux, and 1100 lumens
hard to beat it for the size
what has v done with this light ?

cclight

Newly Enlightened
How interesting! Pocket rockets are my preferred :) Let's see how Vinh can improve on the existing ones. Competition is tough...

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
How interesting! Pocket rockets are my preferred :) Let's see how Vinh can improve on the existing ones. Competition is tough...
There is definitely something very cool about these small lights that are insanely bright!!!!!

ven

Flashaholic
iirc vinh was not over happy with the quality/build so never did a run with them. Basically they have to have a decent start in life, something to build on. DQG are fine, but still kind of budget...............threads not best, internals either.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven's right, and I doubt there's room for much of a power boost in the DQG Tiny 26650 3rd Edition anyway.

It actually is a very cool budget light though... I have two myself. DQG did quite well with this offering... it's unique looking, powerful, and has a U.I. that allows the user to access all settings from the off position. BUT, they did not upgrade their build quality standards. I'm assuming they figured keeping it affordable was more important in regards to overall sales, and I believe they were correct in that assumption because they've sold a ton of these lights.