i rexcently ordered the SolarStorm X2 off DX
and i have a few question as to weather i should use the battery pack and charger it came with.
before i get to the questions heres what im asking about
the battery itself
heres the pictures of the battery internals.
they are around 5 mb each so im going to link them instead of embed them.
the charger looks like a generic power adapter
i didn't take a photo of it but its sticker says the following (excluding certifications and icons)
INPUT:100-240V AC 50/60Hz
now for my questions
1) if this battery safe to use? i ask because i see rust and it just looks wrong. the part with 2 positive and 2 negative contacts connected to the same circuit trace (in https://a.safe.moe/CdwXK.jpg) it looks wrong to me.
2) what's is the battery's output? i'm guessing 7.4 volts.
3) is the board a protection and charging circuit? if its a protection circuit, how can i find out what protections it has (if i need to provide pics of the other side i will need instructions to safely re-solder it to the battery leads)
4) is the charger safe to use? from a safety perspective would it be in by best interest to get a better charger for this. if yes, what charger would be good?
now i would like to make a 8 cell battery to replace the one that came with it.
i have most of the the necessary skills to do this but i dont have the following
- schematics. a thread to show me how is good enough.
- protection circuit. what one should i get?
- is it safe to use a iron on the battery (i have an elenco SL5K40, i use unleaded solder so i use it on near max) or should i get tabbed cells.