Retrofit headlamp washers?

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone recommend some good low profile nozzles that wouls work as headlamp washers?

Am thinking I'm going LED on the "new" Heep and would like to tee these off of the front windshield washers. Unknown if putting in plastic headlight surrounds or on top of bumper; probably would prefer to leave bumper alone if possible. trying to mitigate possible wet snow buildup on lenses.

Thanks for any ideas!

Sadden

Enlightened
Didnt hella make a universal headlamp washer kit? Seperate resevoir, pump, plumbing and switch iirc.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Yes, Hella makes a selection of headlamp washer retrofit kits, with fixed or telescoping, single or twin jets. They're more expensive than you might imagine -- a couple of hundred dollars, last time I checked -- but they are very complete. Otherwise, you could shop for used parts.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I was really thinking was if someone could point me to a good set of nozzles that would be acceptable for such use, I could probably take it from there and just tee off the front line going to the windshield so the lights would get hit every time the windshield did.

Also - while we're on the subject, I've found that fish tank air hose parts are much more reliable/durable than the stuff sold for windshield washer use. I like the silicone "lifetime" tubing and also the tees, ells, etc. are chrome plated brass not plastic that becomes brittle after a few years of use.