Best/brightest H9 bulb

OffTheWall503

Newly Enlightened
I recently picked up a 2017 Ford Escape with the halogen projector headlights that use H9 bulbs for the low beam. What is a good replacement bulb? I am not finding much online and wondering if there are any higher lumen options.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There is no genuine/legitimate upgrade for an H9 bulb. Leave the stock bulbs alone; in the event a replacement becomes necessary, use a good brand of standard H9 bulb (Philips, Osram, GE, Vosla, Narva, in no special order).

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
In case you were wondering, OffTheWall503, it's this way because the H9 is chock-full of optimizations already.

Also, it's been a while since we've mentioned: When one goes out, replace BOTH at once because the other is usually not far behind. Then keep the still-working bulb you took out and keep it as an emergency spare (and be sure to order another new pair of bulbs).

Last edited:

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
OEM low beam projectors using H9? Since when? I assumed that owners complain about low beams going out during the warranty period so OEMs use horrid H11LL or 9005LL.

Last edited by a moderator:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Make sure you're sure that the low beams are H9s. I'm seeing enough reports on the web that it's 9005 low beam and H9 high beam that it seems possible you've got them switched around in your mind.

OffTheWall503

Newly Enlightened
It looks like you guys are correct. The projector low beam is a 9005 and high beam is H9.