• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Download Pocket Rocket Ti 18650

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have three of these so I'm selling one. Details and specs can be found here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?376253-Pocket-Rocket-9th-run-XM-L2

For those who aren't familiar with them, the Pocket Rockets are just wonderful lights and offer great value for the money. This is from the 9th run and is the XML2 version in cool white and puts out about 900 lumens if I recall right.

It has a very deep, smooth reflector and is an outstanding thrower. The titanium body is very sleek and smoothly machined and the threads aren't as gritty as some titanium lights. Comes with a sturdy clip and another plus is the green glow ring. Just a great all around light for the price.

I'm the original owner and the light was a shelf queen and never used and is in mint condition, except a few times to turn it in and check out the beam.

These cost $299 new and they're no longer available. I'm asking $275 including shipping and insurance in the U.S. Shipping outside the U.S. is extra.

The usual rules apply. I reserve the right to sell to whomever I choose; first I'll take it gets it and takes precedence over PM. Thanks for looking!

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_9479_zps0dvj3iro.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_9478_zpsi1apbr2n.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_9480_zpsw5e9efjx.jpg

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q615/magellan500/IMG_9475_zps2pq0nddc.jpg

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Yes, I picked up a third one from you. I'm keeping that one. :)

These are great lights for the money. Can't really do better if you want something in the 18650 format.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magellan, did you say you had three of these? That's outstanding... you can afford to sell one more then... so I'll take which ever remaining Rocket has the most neutral beam temp. :laughing:

Congrats to buyer and seller!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Kansas Citian. Yeah dawg!

Troy, let me tell you about the time I drove through Kansas on my way to California years ago. It was July and very hot, and I was tired of driving... gosh dang that's a long state when you're going right-to-left. But anyway... I was driving along and then, from the highway, I saw people playing golf at some little nearby course. So I took the next exit and eventually found the place, then teed it up for a quick nine. The pro shop manager insisted that I join an elderly couple, who hadn't yet gotten to the first tee box. I pleaded with him to let me go out ahead of them as a single. I told him I was a zero and promised that I wouldn't hold anyone up, but he said no... no singles... if you want to play you play with the old couple. I said, Ok then. I introduced myself and they were very friendly... probably both in their mid-to-late 80's.

I was in my prime at the time and I pounded one off the first tee. The lady oohed and aahed and the man said... "great shot where'd it go?" Anyway I parred the first hole then proceeded to make seven consecutive birdies before choking on a six-footer on the last. The last one would have been a new record for me, but still a nice nine on a course I'd never seen. The strangest thing about the whole experience is that neither the man or the lady had the first clue as to what they'd just been witness to... for all they knew I might've shot 45. I mean they were so oblivious I seriously doubt they ever knew what either scored on any hole themselves (LOL). Looking back I'm thankful I didn't hit a hole-in-one. The only thing possibly worse than making an ace when you're alone is making one with two witnesses who never saw the ball. :laughing: Oh my God... I just realized you're from Missouri.
pooh_go.gif

poolboy

Newly Enlightened
Troy, let me tell you about the time I drove through Kansas on my way to California years ago. It was July and very hot, and I was tired of driving... gosh dang that's a long state when you're going right-to-left. But anyway... I was driving along and then, from the highway, I saw people playing golf at some little nearby course. So I took the next exit and eventually found the place, then teed it up for a quick nine. The pro shop manager insisted that I join an elderly couple, who hadn't yet gotten to the first tee box. I pleaded with him to let me go out ahead of them as a single. I told him I was a zero and promised that I wouldn't hold anyone up, but he said no... no singles... if you want to play you play with the old couple. I said, Ok then. I introduced myself and they were very friendly... probably both in their mid-to-late 80's.

I was in my prime at the time and I pounded one off the first tee. The lady oohed and aahed and the man said... "great shot where'd it go?" Anyway I parred the first hole then proceeded to make seven consecutive birdies before choking on a six-footer on the last. The last one would have been a new record for me, but still a nice nine on a course I'd never seen. The strangest thing about the whole experience is that neither the man or the lady had the first clue as to what they'd just been witness to... for all they knew I might've shot 45. I mean they were so oblivious I seriously doubt they ever knew what either scored on any hole themselves (LOL). Looking back I'm thankful I didn't hit a hole-in-one. The only thing possibly worse than making an ace when you're alone is making one with two witnesses who never saw the ball. :laughing: Oh my God... I just realized you're from Missouri.
pooh_go.gif

GREAT STORY!!!

Last edited: