• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

v5 Triple Scout / E Series Heads

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic

bossE3.jpg

bossE2.jpg

More examples:
Haven't had this much fun in a long time...:naughty:

BOSS-e legos...Thank you OR!!!

j6LmZTJ.jpg

8bDqUIl.jpg

VY0kmNp.jpg

kG2dwNn.jpg

Rvw6qPH.jpg

cr3jfWs.jpg

bxywh94.jpg

I63eylT.jpg

7XfnxVV.jpg

yg6kAaQ.jpg

gHtU9Mb.jpg

HzTNFlR.jpg

Q8pSAMK.jpg

2jSO7yp.jpg

LTiHZmv.jpg

Pa6MSdm.jpg

qFBAnNe.jpg

XWDA2AV.jpg

oqzwo8L.jpg

Last edited:

flashlight nut

Enlightened
Got mine. I really like this light engine. I have the v5 wasp, copper and BOSS. Going to sell my copper now that I have a more versatile and up-gradable e-series version.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scout, I'm still trying to find the actual current rating for the twisty,
I did find this post about the voltage drop across the switch (Z41) which is very relevant.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...uot-mod-quot&p=3419489&viewfull=1#post3419489
P
Quote from Oveready...
The McClicky is good up to about 5 amps. The Z41 twisty will not blow until well above 5 amps, but it will start retarding energy flow (resistance) well before that.

Last edited:

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks sexy ^^ this one paired with a BOSS 35! Perfect match... the bezel design alone will inspire a lot of the BOSSes to grab one. :caution:

mikesantor

Enlightened
Tom, can you please confirm these will run with the surefire tapeswitch saftey?

This couldnt have come at a better time. I just found a major flaw in my OR v5 X300 mounted on my SCAR with tape switch (flaw in the tape switch, not the OR x300) I want to replace it with a m600 and this head. Thanks buddy.

JPA261

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have to replace the Surefire E1B tailcap to an OR mcclicky switch for it to work.

I read on their website that it is recommended, but want to make sure that it would work without it. Don't know how to replace it myself. Thanks

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you have to replace the Surefire E1B tailcap to an OR mcclicky switch for it to work.

I read on their website that it is recommended, but want to make sure that it would work without it. Don't know how to replace it myself. Thanks

The E1b tailcap in the picture has McClicky installed. I haven't tried running it on stock switch as it was not recommended.

Moddoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Guys,

I'm deep into BOSS production here.

I will try to address some of the switch questions soon for you.

The short answer is to set the lights to a lower level for use with surefire switches.
What is the highest level that is safe to use? That I need to work on for you guys.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Tom, can you please confirm these will run with the surefire tapeswitch saftey?

This couldnt have come at a better time. I just found a major flaw in my OR v5 X300 mounted on my SCAR with tape switch (flaw in the tape switch, not the OR x300) I want to replace it with a m600 and this head. Thanks buddy.
I have a spare scout body and tape switch (that tests fine with this head).
Let me know if you'd like to borrow them!

scout24

Flashaholic
euroken- You're KILLING me with those pics!!! :) I see two combos I'd really like to try, as great as the BOSS 35 body is...