Surefire Executives are they collectible?

jccookjr

Newly Enlightened
Hoping someone can tell me about the collectibility of earlier Surefire models. I have a nice E1 that never got carried. Seems almost ancient compared to the new models.

Thanks!
JC

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello, and welcome to CPF.

This post of yours, above, has been approved.

Yes, these E-series flashlights are indeed collectible. As you are new to this forum, I would just add that these types of threads are welcome for general discussion, but not to be used for "price fishing"

A search of old sales threads (here on CPF, at the now closed CPF MarketPlace, and elsewhere on the Web) may be done by those seeking current and historical specific information regarding prices and market value.

Thanks !

Last edited:

jccookjr

Newly Enlightened
Hello, and welcome to CPF.

Your post above has been approved.

Yes, these are indeed collectible. As you are new to this forum, I would just add that these types of threads are welcome for general discussion, but not to be used for "price fishing"

A search of old sales threads (here on CPF, at the now closed CPF MarketPlace, and elsewhere on the Web) may be done by those seeking current and historical specific information regarding prices and market value.

Thanks !

Thanks. Much less interested in selling it than to see what people think about that model. I see the later versions, but rarely the E1. I wonder if they were not too popular or just less interesting for the Surefire community.

archimedes

Flashaholic
There are quite a few vintage variations, or "generations" of the E1 .... If you post a photo here, you will get more detailed responses :)

Any lettering or other identifying markings on the flashlight are useful to mention, as well. Even low or unusual serial numbers can affect the value :shrug:

The early E1 "teardrop" versions are especially desirable.

The E1 was also available in several different finishes, some (much) more collectible than others.

Which do you have ?

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Interesting to know. Much appreciated as I'm just getting serious again about flashlights. Trying to understand what to keep, what to mod, what to buy. You know how that goes! Thanks.

Lots of folks have them drilled to fit 18mm cells but these days the 16mm cell is getting pretty good so there's no real need to permanently mame (and greatly reduce the strength of) those vintage lights.

There is an e-series addicts thread in the General Conversation section that covers a lot of ground.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?234418-SureFire-E-Series-Addicts-Unite!

Last edited: