RMSK, Inc.        
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Any ideas about the Muyshondt Beagle?

Default Re: Any ideas about the Muyshondt Beagle?

Quote Originally Posted by LogicalBeard View Post
    Beagle vs the BOSS-
    1.) If the Beagle was in the same form factor as the BOSS; Same weight and dimensions, would you still prefer the BOSS? And why?
    2.) So you use your BOSS/Beagle for mid to long distances?
    1. For a torch, yes, I would prefer the BOSS. Trying to think of an analogy and best as can think of is my shooting days. In the UK, many members had a .22” semi-auto rifle. EVERYONE else had a Ruger 10/22 as it was a solid choice and there was a huge system of options around it. You could discard everything bar the breech and replace with custom options. Being contrary, I bought a Marlin 7000T. It was what it was, no extras available (well, not in The UK). I loved it. Heavy, but perfect for what I wanted.

The Beagle is the Marlin. The BOSS is the Ruger. If the Beagle does what you want then it is very good - maybe unique currently. If you want lots of options then the BOSS is the one to go for.

If I could have borrowed both torches and used for a few weeks then I would have bought the BOSS. Fortunately I can keep both and it is nice to have a smooth flood with the option of adding some throw.

2. I use my torch for navigating to the toilet during the night, to walking to the car, to night running. Short, medium and long range. For medium/short range the Beagle beam pattern is very nice, maybe perfect. At longer ranges it suffers due to the small reflector - my Haiku certainly out throws it. When it is repaired I will compare it side by side with my BOSS.

I just received the e-series compatible Oveready head in 219 which is a better comparison I think - it is on a single cell body and will have a better tint match.

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    For me, Beagle indoors where tapping through a mode or two to get where I need to is no big deal. Big, soft flood. No blinding getting up in the middle of the night. BOSS 35 if I'm heading out and can preset a high level up front. Still has nice flood but has nice reach, too. Sometimes both since there's battery commonality and both can run primaries.
    How often do you run primaries?

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    1. For a torch, yes, I would prefer the BOSS. Trying to think of an analogy and best as can think of is my shooting days. In the UK, many members had a .22” semi-auto rifle. EVERYONE else had a Ruger 10/22 as it was a solid choice and there was a huge system of options around it. You could discard everything bar the breech and replace with custom options. Being contrary, I bought a Marlin 7000T. It was what it was, no extras available (well, not in The UK). I loved it. Heavy, but perfect for what I wanted.

The Beagle is the Marlin. The BOSS is the Ruger. If the Beagle does what you want then it is very good - maybe unique currently. If you want lots of options then the BOSS is the one to go for.

If I could have borrowed both torches and used for a few weeks then I would have bought the BOSS. Fortunately I can keep both and it is nice to have a smooth flood with the option of adding some throw.

2. I use my torch for navigating to the toilet during the night, to walking to the car, to night running. Short, medium and long range. For medium/short range the Beagle beam pattern is very nice, maybe perfect. At longer ranges it suffers due to the small reflector - my Haiku certainly out throws it. When it is repaired I will compare it side by side with my BOSS.

I just received the e-series compatible Oveready head in 219 which is a better comparison I think - it is on a single cell body and will have a better tint match.

Thanks for taking the time to answer; exactly the information I was wondering about. Since I don't have a long range need, the Beagle's beam pattern is perfect for me. If I was running, I would also prefer a beam pattern like the BOSS: I'm guessing my Manker e14 approximates it. I would love some side by side beam pattern shots when you get the 219c.

I'll be off topic for a moment, but to paraphrase Arlo Guthrie, we're going to wait for it to come back around. I had a house fire here on Feb. 23rd, everyone got out safely. We did lose our cat, but she was 15 and had lived a long, spoiled life. The house was a complete loss. I've been going back into what's left of the house to dig for some items that were important to my Wife and I. Slim pickings, to be sure. Today, I found one of my HDS Rotaries, and my Beagle after a bunch of digging. Enrique, as well as Henry, have offered to see if either is salvageable and see what can be done with them to bring them back into service. Huge, huge props to both gentlemen for their kind service. Thank you both... Hogo posted pics for me on the HDS Facebook group of both lights, if anyone's interested. I just have my phone for the time being, and can't play nice with Tinypic. Again, my thanks to both Enrique, and Henry.
    If you're new to CPF, please read this... (Just click the link...)
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ost-out-of-CPF

So sorry to hear that man, you will be in my prayers! Hopefully your lights can be repaired. I just received a beagle yesterday, and I'm loving it! Excellent utility light!
    SureFire - Quality and brilliance

Sorry to hear that Scout, hope Enrique can work his magic on getting the Beagle repaired. Sorry to hear about your cat too

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678