• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium Peaks & Plateaus -- custom build final pics

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
It took me what seemed like an eternity to make this light, since it involved a tremendous amount of milling on my lathe. Not to mention that I totally ruined the first iteration of the battery tube. :-(

In the end, I really liked the feel and fit of the light. It has an 18500 AW Lithium-Ion battery, a Nichia neutral white LED and a three-level driver; it is a mule light with a white Delrin spacer between the lens and the LED on its MCPCB.

IMG_8929_800.jpg
IMG_8928_800.jpg
IMG_8939_800.jpg

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
That has to be one hell of a grip in wet conditions. Something worth thinking about.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Titanium Peaks & Plateaus -- custom build final pics

I haven't seen @PhotonFanatic around for ages .... hope all is well ?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I kept up with him a while on fb while he was doing his AT hike, but his fb account now appears to be deactivated.

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Titanium Peaks & Plateaus -- custom build final pics

Good to hear. He makes some of the best looking flashlights.

Wow, it's been ages since I've logged into CPF, so it's an honor to see CNC Dan posting here. For those who may not know it, CNC Dan and I collaborated to make the Groovy!, a modified version of a light that Dan had previously made.

In my eye, the Groovy! is still my favorite light for use around the house. It's slightly Art Deco design still resonates with me today. Maybe once I'm really back to designing and making lights again CNC Dan and I can work on an updated Groovy! Especially if I can meld CNC with a purely mechanical design motif--engine turned engraving.