Steel Surefire E series replacement clip

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I am growing to loath the stock Surefire clip, not just for its orientation, but the thin material is sharp, corroding, and the shape is a drag.

I appreciate the reason for the material and design of the stock SF clip, that it is meant to break and with good reason... but my E won't be seeing any action nor do I expect it could snag or trap me in a life threatening situation while riding inside my pocket. It is very overbuilt for my light duty purposes, but I like it anyway... except not the clip as much.

I have seen clips with rings that are held on by the tail cap, but I am not so interested in them.

My favorite clips are the stainless Malkoffs attached to the MDC bodies. As is, these would not work on an E, but I wish Gene would offer a Malkoff stainless replacement clip for E series.

Is there a thick stainless clip for bodies with E tails that is intended to be securely attached with two screws into the body (holes would need bored) near the tail threads, that extends back towards the tail cap without tactical interference, and then bends towards the head resting on the neck so it is oriented to be a proper pocket clip with head down?

I would not mind removing the stock SF clip and pocket-ride clipless until I can find a solution, but I have read here that removing the clip may compromise the o-ring and seal. I'd like to get a small aluminum piece that just slips in the clip groove to seamlessly complete the shape of the light... maybe with a trit slot... anyone else? I wouldn't even know where to look, who to ask...

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never seen an after-market replacement for the E-series clip, which is a shame because I absolutely despise the stock clip.

The only modification I've seen is this one by McGizmo himself - I haven't worked up the nerve to try it myself, but it's on the to-do list once I have the equipment. Or find someone willing to do it for a fee.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...E-and-Lanyards&p=260151&viewfull=1#post260151