Cheap Chinese rear light, but powerful

ArminVanBuuren

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

is there any very powerful cheap Chinese light? Like for daytime use?

I really like PDW Radbot 1000. Its output should be 1 W, sufficient for daytime use.

However, it ain't available in my country (Europe) and also, it's quite expensive.

Is there some similar product but Chinese? I often saw that those branded product come from the same factory in China, only this one with the logo on it is 10x more expensive.

Thanks.

samsavvas

Newly Enlightened
Magicshine make a good rear light that is relatively inexpensive and may meet your needs, although it does require and external 7.2v battery. There are other similar lights available from Dinette, Lupine, Exposure etc but they are not cheap!

If you want 'good but cheap' I'd try to get some of the Azur 2 x 0.5w 'twin' or 'dual' lights (they use 2 x half-watt power LEDs behind focussed optics). They are available in both white and red and have an extremely bright and focussed beam. They can use rechargeable AAA batteries and I've found them to be remarkably cheap. They are probably made in China but they are much better made than most of the cheap lights you find at China-based online stores. They are easily as good as the Radbot which, while being very well made, is also quite pricey (in Australia anyway).

Sam.