Review MiBoxer C2-3000 2 bay charger

unclearty

Enlightened
REVIEW: MiBOXER C2-3000...automatic smart charger

First off...I was sent this charger for review. When it arrived , I was a little surprised..it's rather heavy for such a small unit. When I opened the box, I was even MORE surprised. It's a 2 slot charger that appears to be a car charger!...it even says so on the side of the box. It comes with a 12 volt cigarette lighter adapter. It has no provision for a 110 volt input. My first thought was, "What am I going to do with this?"
I decided to actually sit and read the booklet it comes with before using it. It can be used in the car, but...it can also be used with a USB port!
Now....I mostly used NiMh AAA and AA batteries, and the LiPos I used all use balance chargers. I took the unit to work with me because we use these diagnostic testers that run on 18650 LiPo batteries. On my desk, I also have a new LED desk lamp....that has a built in 1 amp USB port...HA! I plugged the charger in....the display lit up...I dropped in 2 of the 18650s and watched. This unit automatically does everything! There are no input buttons to change anything. You simply insert any battery and let it do it's thing. The most unusual part of this is...it adjusts to each battery constantly. Watching the display for each battery is almost mesmerizing.....it's continuously adjust current as the internal resistance changes. Anyway, I had alot of work to do, so I ignored it and just let it run. When I checked on it a few hours later it read FULL on both batteries, so I took them out and gave them a quick reading with my cheapie meter at work...both read 4.19 volts. Now, I'm not sure how long they had been finished charging. I put each battery in a diag tool and let techs take them. To be honest sort of forgot about it until 3 days later. One of the techs came into my office and said that whatever I did worked great. Apparently, they have been using a simple plug-in charger from the tool provider and they have to plug them in every 2 days. He said they both worked for 3 days now. Interesting.
I then decided to try 2 old batteries that I just hadn't brought for recycling. One of the features this charger has is.......it claims to trickle charge an under charged battery.
I put them both in and let it run..after 10 minutes, one had begun charging, but the other was still trickling. I left them for a while on a steel workbench and went home. When I came in next morning, they both read FULL. We put them in the diag tools, and one of them seems to have fully recovered...the second one turned out to not work so well.
The unit comes with a 3 year warranty...has a nice display....feels well made. I like it.
This charger would be ideal for people with mobile homes..campers..those living off the grid....and those folks who simply want to drop a battery in a charger...and have it charged...without having to change any settings.