Fitorch        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 47 of 47

Thread: Muyshondt Flieger Review

  1. #31
    xdayv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    So w/c one you like better - the Flieger or the Beagle?
    Dave
    "two is one, one is none... three or more is fun."

  2. #32

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    So w/c one you like better - the Flieger or the Beagle?
    I don't really want to change this into a review of the Beagle, but there are aspects of each that I prefer. An ideal light would likely be the love child of these two. Having a clip on the Beagle is great, although I am not a fan of machined clips. The output of the Flieger is much more impressive. I prefer the battery access on the Beagle, but the size of the Flieger is better (it is larger, but feels better in the hand). Having the mule LEDs is nice on the Beagle, but not as useful as I first thought. I think the Flieger does a good enough job here at the lower levels.

    I am really be looking forward to the Flieger Mk II if it ever comes to pass.

    eala

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    I don't know if I posted already about this but I have a great idea for a lanyard design... I just need to get my light as well as my supplies to build it over here on this side of the pond.
    Steve Bryant

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Video on YouTube coming soon for this light... cant find one as of yet
    Steve Bryant

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Teaser vid on the tube
    Steve Bryant

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Eala,
    Since you had hands on thanks fir explaining about the button top cells, my aw icr won't work. Have a couple duracell 123's but am I right to assume that the normal primary cells won't allow the light to put out full power? I read about this effect on another light... where as aw 18350 x2 may give it that ability to put out full power. At the moment the high beam is comparable to my HDS 250 tactical just brighter, wider and maybe a hair bit more throw. Thoughts?
    Steve Bryant

  7. #37

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    I wish there was a clip on the Flieger, I'd buy it so fast.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

  8. #38
    Flashaholic* DellSuperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,713

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I wish there was a clip on the Flieger, I'd buy it so fast.
    I couldn't agree more. Its the only reason why i have not purchased the Al-bronze Flieger yet.

  9. #39
    Moderator
    nbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,292

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    +1000

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Anyone know if Muyshondt has a phone line?
    In my testing of the prototype Flieger I ve got about the same throw as my HDS 250 however a much bigger hotspot. I m running Duracell primary 123 and nitecore rcr123/ 16340 at over 3200 mah (?).
    They've advised that they haven't tested 16340's and won't answer as to whether this will be harmful for the light.
    I don't have access to the muyshondt cells as I can't get them over here from the US.
    Other only option is aw 18650 protected button top OR 2 x 18350 protected aw.
    Any helpful advice would be appreciated
    Steve Bryant

  11. #41

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Anyone know if Muyshondt has a phone line?
    In my testing of the prototype Flieger I ve got about the same throw as my HDS 250 however a much bigger hotspot. I m running Duracell primary 123 and nitecore rcr123/ 16340 at over 3200 mah (?).
    They've advised that they haven't tested 16340's and won't answer as to whether this will be harmful for the light.
    I don't have access to the muyshondt cells as I can't get them over here from the US.
    Other only option is aw 18650 protected button top OR 2 x 18350 protected aw.
    Any helpful advice would be appreciated
    What are you asking?

    The website says 2xcr123, 2x18350 and 1x 18650 will all be compatible. 16340 and 18350 operate at the same voltages so if its good for 2x18350 you should be fine.

    Don't mix primary and rechargeable.



    "at over 3200 mah (?)" What is this number?
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Thanks Oz,
    The rcr123 or "16340" is what o was told they didn't test but maybe they misunderstood what I was saying. The mAh is the capacity I believe.

    My primary cells and the rcr123's seem to give the light about the same output as my hds 250 which suggests that what I have isn't enough to give it full power... we ll see
    Steve Bryant

  13. #43

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Thanks Oz,
    The rcr123 or "16340" is what o was told they didn't test but maybe they misunderstood what I was saying. The mAh is the capacity I believe.

    My primary cells and the rcr123's seem to give the light about the same output as my hds 250 which suggests that what I have isn't enough to give it full power... we ll see
    Try the 18650 cell to see if that affects output.

    If you have 16340 cells labeled 3200 mAh then they are probably fake and should not be used.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    I may have made a mistake on that 3200 cause those 16340 I bought from flashaholics U.K. Or torch direct, they are legit.. I think I meant to put that with the 18650. Having trouble finding a 18650 button top with high capacity over here that I know is legit. Won't buy on eBay or amazon
    Steve Bryant

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Anybody in the states able to take a delivery of muyshondt batteries and send em to me over the water? I ll happily give you sweetener for the service. This looks like the only way I m going to find out the answer to my question.
    Steve Bryant

  16. #46

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    united kingdom
    Posts
    657

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Strike that battery request... problem sorted.
    Steve Bryant

  17. #47

    Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

    Quote Originally Posted by eala View Post
    I don't really want to change this into a review of the Beagle, but there are aspects of each that I prefer. An ideal light would likely be the love child of these two. Having a clip on the Beagle is great, although I am not a fan of machined clips. The output of the Flieger is much more impressive. I prefer the battery access on the Beagle, but the size of the Flieger is better (it is larger, but feels better in the hand). Having the mule LEDs is nice on the Beagle, but not as useful as I first thought. I think the Flieger does a good enough job here at the lower levels.

    I am really be looking forward to the Flieger Mk II if it ever comes to pass.

    eala
    Now the nights are darker, I see a real benefit to the Beagle design. There is not hot spot! The mule ring lights the area close by, the throw LED doesn't add to a hot spot. Not around my garden anyway

    In 2 weeks I do a 24 hour run, looking forward to using the Beagle during my dark laps. Usually use a SPY 007 - certainly brighter but interested to see if the higher CRI and lack of hot spot make the Beagle a more useful light.

    If only the Beagle had a rotary switch...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •