HDS Systems        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muyshondt Flieger Review

Default Re: Muyshondt Flieger Review

So w/c one you like better - the Flieger or the Beagle?
    Dave
    "vanilla never smelled this good, not until it is in one of the tailcap rubber switches..."

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by xdayv View Post
    So w/c one you like better - the Flieger or the Beagle?
    I don't really want to change this into a review of the Beagle, but there are aspects of each that I prefer. An ideal light would likely be the love child of these two. Having a clip on the Beagle is great, although I am not a fan of machined clips. The output of the Flieger is much more impressive. I prefer the battery access on the Beagle, but the size of the Flieger is better (it is larger, but feels better in the hand). Having the mule LEDs is nice on the Beagle, but not as useful as I first thought. I think the Flieger does a good enough job here at the lower levels.

I am really be looking forward to the Flieger Mk II if it ever comes to pass.

eala

I don't know if I posted already about this but I have a great idea for a lanyard design... I just need to get my light as well as my supplies to build it over here on this side of the pond.
    Steve Bryant

Video on YouTube coming soon for this light... cant find one as of yet
    Steve Bryant

Teaser vid on the tube
    Steve Bryant

Eala,
    Since you had hands on thanks fir explaining about the button top cells, my aw icr won't work. Have a couple duracell 123's but am I right to assume that the normal primary cells won't allow the light to put out full power? I read about this effect on another light... where as aw 18350 x2 may give it that ability to put out full power. At the moment the high beam is comparable to my HDS 250 tactical just brighter, wider and maybe a hair bit more throw. Thoughts?
    Steve Bryant

I wish there was a clip on the Flieger, I'd buy it so fast.
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

Quote Originally Posted by Ozythemandias View Post
    I wish there was a clip on the Flieger, I'd buy it so fast.
    I couldn't agree more. Its the only reason why i have not purchased the Al-bronze Flieger yet.

+1000
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

Anyone know if Muyshondt has a phone line?
    In my testing of the prototype Flieger I ve got about the same throw as my HDS 250 however a much bigger hotspot. I m running Duracell primary 123 and nitecore rcr123/ 16340 at over 3200 mah (?).
    They've advised that they haven't tested 16340's and won't answer as to whether this will be harmful for the light.
    I don't have access to the muyshondt cells as I can't get them over here from the US.
    Other only option is aw 18650 protected button top OR 2 x 18350 protected aw.
    Any helpful advice would be appreciated
    Steve Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Anyone know if Muyshondt has a phone line?
    In my testing of the prototype Flieger I ve got about the same throw as my HDS 250 however a much bigger hotspot. I m running Duracell primary 123 and nitecore rcr123/ 16340 at over 3200 mah (?).
    They've advised that they haven't tested 16340's and won't answer as to whether this will be harmful for the light.
    I don't have access to the muyshondt cells as I can't get them over here from the US.
    Other only option is aw 18650 protected button top OR 2 x 18350 protected aw.
    Any helpful advice would be appreciated
    What are you asking?

The website says 2xcr123, 2x18350 and 1x 18650 will all be compatible. 16340 and 18350 operate at the same voltages so if its good for 2x18350 you should be fine.

Don't mix primary and rechargeable.

"at over 3200 mah (?)" What is this number?
    White wall hunting is not a very good indicator of a flashlightís potential, not sure where it got itís popularity. - DB Customs

Thanks Oz,
    The rcr123 or "16340" is what o was told they didn't test but maybe they misunderstood what I was saying. The mAh is the capacity I believe.

My primary cells and the rcr123's seem to give the light about the same output as my hds 250 which suggests that what I have isn't enough to give it full power... we ll see
    Steve Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by usdiver View Post
    Thanks Oz,
    The rcr123 or "16340" is what o was told they didn't test but maybe they misunderstood what I was saying. The mAh is the capacity I believe.

My primary cells and the rcr123's seem to give the light about the same output as my hds 250 which suggests that what I have isn't enough to give it full power... we ll see
    Try the 18650 cell to see if that affects output.

If you have 16340 cells labeled 3200 mAh then they are probably fake and should not be used.

I may have made a mistake on that 3200 cause those 16340 I bought from flashaholics U.K. Or torch direct, they are legit.. I think I meant to put that with the 18650. Having trouble finding a 18650 button top with high capacity over here that I know is legit. Won't buy on eBay or amazon
    Steve Bryant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12