• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: "chatter star" bare aluminum 16340 recessed mule

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the first light off my mini-lathe. I deemed it the chatter star as I really didn't know what I was doing, and was learning along the way and there's lots of chatter marks, especially on the area around the switch boot that gives it a starburst like pattern.

3 piece body, mcclicky in tail. tail is sort of E series compatible. I had it on an E2E before, but had others it didn't fit. head is not really compatible though it does have an Aleph style engine in it, so it may work with some other legos.
My threading still sucks, but getting better.

I was originally shooting for this to be a CR2 sized light, but it was too long. I will include a 16340 battery (Fake AW I think) that fits. has a dent in the middle of the button top for best fitment.

Engine is unknown maker and driver (older), but supports 16340 fine. it does have last mode memory. I put on a MC-E emitter, and it works great. L-M-H, 3 modes (10ma, 120ma, 560ma).

Head is really deep (like I said, I didn't really know what I was doing) so with the mule and being recessed, the beam is more focused flood like a non-zooming aspheric, than pure flood like a normal mule would be.

Glass 1mm thick lens held in with green and blue o-rings as shown. green glow paint on engine surrounding the emitter.

Be the one to own an irrelevant piece of non-history! :green: :sick2:

SOLD - $67 shipped. CONUS only.

bge-no-1-a.jpg

bge-no-1-b.jpg

bge-no-1-c.jpg

bge-no-1-d.jpg

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: "chatter star" bare aluminum 16340 recessed mule

I'm assuming 18350 wont fit, yes?

Is there a clip mounted or is it tapped for one?

I'm not familiar with the LE, is it a simple matter to swap driver and emitter?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm assuming 18350 wont fit, yes?

Is there a clip mounted or is it tapped for one?

I'm not familiar with the LE, is it a simple matter to swap driver and emitter?

correct, no 18350 will fit. too long and too wide.
No clip. you could probably drill/tap in the tail flare, but flare is thinner than say a Mac flare so I wouldn't add a clip.

Should also add that it is 6061 Aluminum.

as far as the engine goes, you could take off the glow paint and totally rip apart the engine and pill to fit other stuff in there, but I would not. the can appears to be plated brass, and has an aluminum insert under the emitter. there was a pedastal there for the previous emitter, but I ground it down with a dremel. would be much easier to get an aleph style engine from DatiLED when he makes them.

Last edited:

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast

correct, no 18350 will fit. too long and too wide.
No clip. you could probably drill/tap in the tail flare, but flare is thinner than say a Mac flare so I wouldn't add a clip.

Should also add that it is 6061 Aluminum.

as far as the engine goes, you could take off the glow paint and totally rip apart the engine and pill to fit other stuff in there, but I would not. the can appears to be plated brass, and has an aluminum insert under the emitter. there was a pedastal there for the previous emitter, but I ground it down with a dremel. would be much easier to get an aleph style engine from DatiLED when he makes them.

OK,good luck with the sale! I'm sure it will be worth millions in a couple of years, wise investment to whomever grabs it

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mcbrat-

Great work there! Sir, what are the dimensions of the light?

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

rockgranite79

Newly Enlightened

I will take it..shoot me your pp info - thanks!